All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Ensure
      #1789 - 03/02/03 02:04 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

i was just wondering if anyone has tried ensure before instead of a multivitamin? I drink half a can after breakfast and the other half after dinner. i always drink only half a can at a time and only on a full stomach. i have found that i can only tolerate vanilla supreme, but it has actually helped me gain back some weight, and provide me with my daily needs of nutrients.if your curious about the product go to www.ensure.com
its great

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ensure new
      #1792 - 03/02/03 02:08 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I haven'tused ensure but I love Boost (chocolate, of course!) and yes, I have had good luck with it. I can keep it down when I can't keep down anything other than rice, and it helps to keep my energy up. I say, hey, if it works, then great. It can't hurt anything as far as I know. Take care.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

be careful if you have problems with dairy... new
      #1793 - 03/02/03 02:12 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Although Ensure is lactose free it is not dairy free - it has whey. It also does have some fat. I've never seen a nutritional drink like this that is truly dairy free - does anyone know of one?

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: be careful if you have problems with dairy... new
      #1794 - 03/02/03 02:15 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

fortunatly i really don have problems with dairy.well, lactose, yes, but not with why,ect. i drink lactose and fat free milk every day (not an empty stomach of corse) and luckily im fine. in fact, i can tolerate that stuff better than rice milk. the fat for me is needed as i have lsot plenty of weight.

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1660 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1060

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review