All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Just got the book!! But I have 1 problem.....
      #1711 - 03/01/03 03:43 PM
Sweetwater

Reged: 03/01/03
Loc: NJ, USA

Hi everyone! Newbie here! I just got the "Eating for IBS" yesterday. I love it, it's awesome! I'm adapting to the diet slowly, just got some sour-dough bread, and peppermint green tea, and Metamucil pills, etc. (Have had IBS for 5 years), and this is the first diet for IBS I'm really trying. I have one problem tho! The main course section is ALL fish related!! I hate all seafood!!!!!! It's very hard for me to use some of these recipes, b/c I am a VERY picky eater and I LOVE dairy!!!!!
I love chicken and turkey tho, but I hate fish. So what am I supposed to do with the Main Course section of the book? It's all fish recipes!!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Just got the book!! But I have 1 problem..... new
      #1715 - 03/01/03 04:06 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi, and welcome to the board! There are actually a lot of chicken recipes and some vegetarian options as well in the main course section. And, you are free to substitute chicken breasts for any of the fish recipes -for most of them this would work really well. If there are any specific recipes like this you have questions about, let me know and I'll address them.

Also, check out the recipe board - there are a ton of chicken and other non-fish recipes (like risotto and pasta) in there, and they're delicious.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#1765 - 03/02/03 07:38 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I'm so glad you're here. I hate all seafood stuff, too. That fishy taste. I also love dairy and miss it terribly. If you can, see if you can get soy parmesan. It's a very convincing substitute - (it even melts when you sprinkle it on spaghetti). I like it so much now that the idea of real parmesan turns me off. I'm so glad there's another one here that doesn't like seafood.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#2082 - 03/07/03 01:53 AM
Sweetwater

Reged: 03/01/03
Loc: NJ, USA

Cool! Thanks for writing me back and for that great idea!!!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 983 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 990

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review