All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Egg yolk tip
      #17032 - 08/12/03 09:23 AM
Fia

Reged: 07/21/03
Loc: Sweden

I have a really hard time throwing things out and because of that my cat Eric eats a lot of egg yolks. He's going to get the shiniest fur in the neighbourhood. Hence, if you're like me and don't have a cat or dog why don't give your egg yolks to the neighbours dog or your sisters cat.

I guess this wasn't really a IBS-diet related but it is still a IBS related problem.

Fia

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Egg yolk tip new
      #17033 - 08/12/03 09:26 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

That's funny, because I'm the same way! That's why I buy Egg Beaters, because I feel guilty throwing away the yolks. Which, I have to say I know is ridiculous, because for example if I'm eating chicken, I have no problem throwing away the skin...go figure.

#17134 - 08/12/03 11:13 PM
Josie

Reged: 03/28/03
Loc: Boston

I had no idea that egg yolk was even safe for a dog or cat. Are animlas not susceptible to salmonella poisoning?

--------------------
Be not afraid of going slowly; be afraid only of standing still. -- Chinese proverb

#17141 - 08/13/03 12:31 AM
Fia

Reged: 07/21/03
Loc: Sweden

I'm not sure, we don't have salmonella in Sweden. Why don't you call a vetrinarian and ask.

Fia

#17169 - 08/13/03 10:42 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Dogs and cats can eat raw eggs (just like they can eat raw meat). Dogs are ominivores, cats are carnivores, and both can eat foods that people definitely cannot!

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#17206 - 08/13/03 03:49 PM
Josie

Reged: 03/28/03
Loc: Boston

Thanks to you both for the info--you learn something new everyday!

--------------------
Be not afraid of going slowly; be afraid only of standing still. -- Chinese proverb

#18106 - 08/21/03 10:49 PM
queenie

Reged: 04/04/03
Loc: Texas, USA

sorry for the delayed response.

i usually cook my yolks for my cats just in case.

however, the raccoons at my grandmothers house LOVE raw eggs. so if you have wildlife they'll love it too!

good idea. i hate wasting things too.. especially when i have a lot of cats (so many you'd think i'm insane) but they are rescued and many have medical problems. so we all relate here in the house..we all have issues and sympathetic to each other. if anyone has cat questions please feel free to email me amyo@ghg.net i've been through almost everything feline and some canine!

amy

#18138 - 08/22/03 08:03 AM
nicolebee

Reged: 07/13/03
Loc: South Carolina, US

Egg yolks still have fat in them, whether you eat them or your pets eat them. So, if your pets are sedentary (like most indoor cats), then it's probably not a good idea to give them all the yolks you don't use, instead just give them some every once in a while. Like people, pets can have weight and artery problems from eating too much fat too. I like to give my cats eggs as treats, but not very often.

--------------------
Nicole
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 397 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1603

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review