All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
blacked out
      #16900 - 08/10/03 05:33 PM
till

Reged: 02/11/03

Has anyone ever blacked out or come close since getting IBS? Since I've had IBS I almost blacked out around 7 times. The last time was this morning. I was doing yoga. It's terrifying.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: blacked out new
      #16917 - 08/10/03 10:35 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - I've blacked out from the pain of an acute attack, but never just while feeling normal. Were you doing yoga in the middle of an attack, and it happened then? Or were you feeling regular and then just up and blacked out without warning? That would definitely not be a normal part of IBS...

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#16935 - 08/11/03 06:40 AM
suzyq

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Northern Ont. Canada

HI Angel; did you have enough to eat before you started your Yoga? I know if I don't eat enough I feel faint and sometimes blackout. How have you been feeling lately? sue

#17004 - 08/11/03 05:10 PM
till

I did eat enough. I make sure I eat enough everyday. As of yesterday my IBS is more severe. I feel like I'm dying.

#17005 - 08/11/03 05:13 PM
till

I think I have a severe attack today and I think I had one yesterday too. I'm not sure since I haven't had one in a while.

#17006 - 08/11/03 05:15 PM
till

Also I think I might have had an attack I think I still have one today but not totally sure since I haven't had one in a while. My IBS is so severe it's not always easy to tell.

#17015 - 08/11/03 08:01 PM
Leah

Reged: 06/18/03
Loc: Denver, CO.

I have blacked out more since having IBS. Usually it's from the pain. About a month ago, I was having my period and had horrible menstrual cramps and then intestinal cramps and blacked out on an airplane of all places!! I then continued blacking out off and on for three days. I finally was seen in the ER where they said it was from the pain of cramping(both menstrual and intestinal) and from dehydration. I am now drinking a TON of water a day and I notice that if I don't drink enough, I get faint all over again. Hope this helps a bit. YOu are not alone. It is a scary feeling and you feel a bit out of control, but hang in there!!
leah

#17137 - 08/12/03 11:45 PM

Unregistered

Hi

I get like that too but mine is not from pain. I find that I do that if I don't have enough food in my system. I have to regularly snack or I get dizzy, weak, and it seems like i'm going to faint.

I was once told it's because I don't regulate sugar well but it has improved a lot since Heather's diet. I was told that I react like a hypoglycemic even though i'm not one. Fancy words for say that they don't know why I get dizzy!!!

Anyways try to snack on something when you start to feel like that and it should help.

#17685 - 08/18/03 05:14 PM
till

So sorry that happened. So horrible. I found out I almost blacked out days ago because of a severe attack. I get extremely painful menstrual cramps and have to take a precription drug but it's still really painful and so I don't know what other med to use! I drink tons of water.
God Bless

#17686 - 08/18/03 05:17 PM
till

I did have a severe attack, for 8 days. So that's why I nearly blacked out. It was torture. I thought since I didn't have one since Mar. I wouldn't get any more! I was hoping for a miracle.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 619 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3895

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review