All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: Problem is... new
      #168055 - 04/07/05 02:30 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I think it's so important that people see all of us, esp you, Augie!! All of us are at different parts of the cycle, and it's so important to get the word out that there are people who progress past the hopeless stage, even into the Doing Well Functioning in Society stage...! It's all trial and error and it's just sticking to Whatever Works for you for your own diet, plus the care, love and support of the rest of us in the same boat.

I hope there's a program on this and it's done well.

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#168061 - 04/07/05 02:43 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

me too beth!! I love this board and Heather is a very giving person and has helped lots of people - unfortunately I am not one of them and have had to go my own way...I hope this program, if it runs will be a good representation of the fact that part of the problem with IBS is the fact that there is no set treatment....

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Nelly, you're the best! new
      #168083 - 04/07/05 03:24 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Thank you for your compassionate response. I hope one day I will eventually move from the hopeless stage to the Doing Well stage! I pray so hard for that.

And yes, the love, care and support from all you others who are still struggling as well as the support from those who are doing well is what keeps me going! I love you all for that!

I also help they do this program well, and not floss over it for the "hollywood" effect. If Oprah's never experienced it herself, it might be hard for her to really "get it".

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

I love this board too! new
      #168086 - 04/07/05 03:29 PM
Augie

And Heather has been a godsend to so many, and for that I am so grateful. I haven't given up yet guys!! Hope to perhaps join you one day in the world of less severe painful and symptomatic living!

That's what makes this darn IBS demon so frustrating. Because we all have to find our own triggers/ healing foods/ treatment plans/ tolerance levels, etc.

--------------------
~ Beth

Augie, have you looked into IBS hypnotherapy? new
      #168088 - 04/07/05 03:33 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I think this has been mentioned to you before but I wasn't sure. It's been a godsend for people who really felt hopeless after trying everything else. Check out the hypno message board if you have any questions.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Thanks Heather new
      #168097 - 04/07/05 03:45 PM
Augie

I need to do this. I haven't given up yet! Just having a bad spell here. Thanks for the reminder on the hypno tapes.

Thank you for your kind words! I want you to know that I do appreciate all the work and help you have given to so many people. I thank you for this website and for your giving nature. I wouldn't be able to do this without this site. Thank you.

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Aww...what I would love to see new
      #168101 - 04/07/05 03:55 PM

Reged: 01/05/05

I am from the chicago area - I will surely be there - come hell or high water!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope, thank you for being here, new
      #168108 - 04/07/05 04:40 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

and being such a sweetie. Never give up! There is always another avenue to try, and always hope for (really really big) improvements.
- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

I'm with you too Beth..... new
      #168148 - 04/07/05 07:27 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

I love the boards, I love Heather and the fact that she has helped so many of you but like you I'm completely lost. I feel like I've tried pretty much EVERYTHING! Well except hypno but with 3 kids to support I'm afraid that's just out of my budget
I'd also like to see a representation of the folks who feel lost and I'd also like them to see that Heather's diet is a possibility to feel better. Both sides of the coin I guess. Love to you all

--------------------
Amy

#168247 - 04/08/05 06:35 AM
melissam

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: Scranton Pennsylvania

Augie- You took the words right outta' my mouth.
I am having a hard time also. I am very symptomatic also- Some days worse than others. I can't pintpoint what foods cvause me grief as they say sometimes foods don't cause an "immediate" problem.

I have pain/discomfort all the time no matter what I eat. It has changed my life.

But---- I try to stay positive, although sometimes I get bummed out because I don't understand whay all of a sudden my body decided this was going to be how it is.

It is very frustrating but this board is a wonderful place to let it all out to people who understand.

Hang in there though okay- Because believe me you aren't alone- I am one of the persons who also tried the diet and didn't get any relief.

But we'll keep chuggin' along right"

Melissa

--------------------
Melissa
Pain predominant w/occasional C.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 313 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 37854

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review