All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: I talked briefly to the producer.... new
      #167997 - 04/07/05 12:27 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Oh, Heather that is so exciting... I sure hope you make it on there!! Your are OUR "Queen of IBS Knowledge" ....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

whoa kool! new
      #168005 - 04/07/05 12:55 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

if thats for real that would be cool if there was a show about ibs! post if you talk to them and if they decide to have a show for the sufferers..ill totally tape it!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Aww...what I would love to see new
      #168025 - 04/07/05 01:27 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

is the whole audience full of folks with IBS from these message boards. How fabulous would it be for someone watching the show to see an entire studio full of people with IBS who took charge, got help, and are finally doing better? That would make such an impression on any viewer with IBS that they can feel better, too.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Aww...what I would love to see new
      #168026 - 04/07/05 01:28 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Aww...what I would love to see is the whole audience full of folks with IBS from these message boards. How fabulous would it be for someone watching the show to see an entire studio full of people with IBS who took charge, got help, and are finally doing better? That would make such an impression on any viewer with IBS that they can feel better, too.

- H

I agree with you 100% Heather!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Aww...what I would love to see new
      #168029 - 04/07/05 01:39 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

That would be amazing.
I wrote to them too, but I doubt they'll contact me 'cause I am in Canada - but maybe the response will just be another one convincing them to do the show!!
I would LOVE to be able to go and be in the audience, especially if there were people I know up on stage!!
And it's Oprah, maybe she'll buy us all houses or something, hee hee. Just kidding.
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

I agree! new
      #168030 - 04/07/05 01:40 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

That would rock and then we could all meet! Oprah's loaded, she could afford to fly us all there. I'm game!

I filled out the form too! new
      #168033 - 04/07/05 01:42 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I'd love to just BE in the sudience to see the rest of you guys! (Chicago Crawl??) I'm def interested to see if they call me back.

~nelly~

Problem is... new
      #168042 - 04/07/05 02:03 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

not all of us are doing so well. I've been trying this diet for quit a while now, and I am in just as much pain and as symptomatic as ever. I want just want it to work for me like it has helped all you others.

Don't mean to be a party pooper, but I'm just not getting better. So I am still in the group that would be sitting in the audience feeling hopeless with my IBS. Unfortunately, there seem to be others on the board who also continue to suffer despite trying their best to do everything the diet recommends.

Are we doing something wrong? Why won't the EFI work for us?
Does this diet approach just not work for some folks?

I love these boards and all the wonderful folks here. The support has been a life-saver to me. I don't think I could handle this all alone. Unfortunately, I have had no success so far with any reduction in symptoms.

I know these boards have helped many of you, but I just wish I was one of you. Please don't kick me off for posting this downer. I need you guys! But I'm having a hard time and getting frustrated.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

A chance to get the word out!!!! Yes!!! new
      #168045 - 04/07/05 02:09 PM
ToilettPrisoner

Reged: 02/20/05

Gosh that'd be soooo nice!!!
They better do a damn good job tho!!
I want emphasis on the pain and the damage it does to your lifestyle, the need to get awareness out and NATURAL remedies to those suffering!!!!

My mom suffered with IBS for 30yrs and every Dr shrugged it off as Lactoce Intollerance, she came back complaining of the still painfull symptooms and so they said it was severe Lactoce Intolerance!!! *rollz eyes*

I also wanna move to have IBS seen as a result of C-sections so the symptoms are disccused with women to look for!!!
Grrrrr!

A chance to get the word out on Oprah is looooong overdue!

Can anyone offer me advice new
      #168051 - 04/07/05 02:26 PM
susieannah

Reged: 02/13/05
Loc: sussex, england

Hi can anyone offer me a little advice, Ive had IBS since I was 12, im now 23 at times it has been totally debilitating when it was D based, but as I had it for such a long time I started to realise what foods affected me till I'd cut out so many foods there wasnt much left to eat, I havent eaten any fruit or veg in years and am petrified of trying new things incase it sets it all off again at the moment I live on:
white bread
crunchy oat cereal
flapjacks
Plain pasta no sauces
Fish in breadcrumbs
Vegetarian chicken style nuggets
potato's
Soya cheese slices
Dark chocoate

As you can see this is not a healthy diet but im really concerned about adding any insoluble fibre to my diet
Any advice?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 731 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 37854

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review