All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I finally had a second to register!
      #16532 - 08/07/03 06:52 AM
Kristen

Reged: 08/07/03
Loc: Barre, VT (Home): Syracuse, NY (School)

Hello all,

I have been reading this message board all summer and I have found wonderful advice and recipies. I always view it quickly at work (opps...bad me) so I never have time to register. I just want you all to know that I get so excited every time I read the posts because you all are finding substitutions for my favorite foods that I thought would be off limits forever...which was so depressing as you all know.

I was diagnosed with IBS in December of my sophmore year in college (I will be a senior this at Syracuse University). I had been sick all of my life, but it got substancially worse that year due to stress. I ended up losing about 15 pounds and I was down to 89. All of my friends were convinced I was anorexic, which just added to the stress. It was a LONG HAUL from there! Luckily, thanks to Heather's books, my mom, and this message board I have gained most of the weight back and I get far fewer attacks.

I hope you all know how great it is to read about everyone who has experienced similar struggles and problems. I have found that support is one of the most important factors in IBS, so this board is fabulous! Thanks again to everyone, and I'm sure this won't be the last you hear from me

Kristen

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I finally had a second to register! new
      #16533 - 08/07/03 06:55 AM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

Welcome aboard! You will find that everyone here is so supportive and friendly. This forum has been greatfor me, personally! We are always happy to have new people and look forward to your posts! Glad to hear that you are doing well, too!

Christianne

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

#16587 - 08/07/03 11:16 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Welcome to the board! Good for you for signing up and participating. That way if you have any questions, you can easily have them answered. It is nice to know someone else in your shoes knows what it's like. Looking forward to hearing from you again.

Hi Kristen! new
      #16595 - 08/07/03 12:05 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Welcome! I remember your mom writing me a while back, and all the problems you were dealing with. I am so, so glad to hear that things are better, and I really admire you for standing up in front of your whole sorority house to explain what was going on. That was incredibly brave, and I hope you're very proud of yourself!

It's great to have you here - and say hi to your mom for me!

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#16604 - 08/07/03 01:25 PM
Ashley62

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Eastern Ontario, Canada

Welcome! I'm relatively new as well, but this is the greatest place for information, support & a good "pick me up" when you need to vent! I read your post about your sorority - you're amazing for a young person! You've discovered in you 20's what took me until my 30's to realize - "true" friends are supportive and accept you as you are!
Glad to hear things are getting better for you

--------------------
Leah
"Years wrinkle the skin, but to give up interest wrinkles the soul"

Re: Hi Kristen! new
      #16655 - 08/07/03 07:36 PM
Kristen

Reged: 08/07/03
Loc: Barre, VT (Home): Syracuse, NY (School)

Thanks Heather! Yeah, that was not an easy time for me, but I am thankful that it is in the past and I am happy with the way I handled myself.

By the way, my mom says hi and we both thank you so much for listening when I was going through that ruff time. Without your advice and your book I don't know where I would be right now (probably in a hospital weighing next to nothing). Your book seriously helped me so much, and I am so greatful to you as I am sure many others are also.

Thanks also to the others who have welcomed me to the board! I can already see this is going to be a wonderful tool with many helpful, supportive people.

Can't wait to learn even more about "our" problem!

~Kristen~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4319 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 724

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review