All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Where to begin? Just been diagnosed with IBS
      #1576 - 02/27/03 01:27 PM
NancyT

Reged: 02/24/03
Loc: USA

I've just received my diagnosis a few days ago from my gastroenterologist and I've visited the website to browse and order Heather's books. I've had problems for so many years but couldn't bring myself to talk about it. I can tell this website is going to be a blessing and a lifesaver to my emotional wellbeing. I have constipation with some episodes of diarrhea but mostly C. However, it's the severe gas that affects me the most. My social life has been very much affected. I am eagerly awaiting my books because even though I have respect for my doctor, he wasn't able to offer me much in the way of suggestions, other than putting me on a laxative to deal with my present C. problem. I'm not a big computer person, and this is the first time I've used a chatline or message board. What a relief knowing to know there is somewhere to go for help . Thanks, Heather and everyone!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Welcome to the board! new
      #1579 - 02/27/03 01:32 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi Nancy - Make yourself at home here, you are among friends! I'm going to send you to the link for "breaking the cycle" - that should help you start feeling better very quickly. break cycle

For gas, make sure you're not using a psyllium supplement like Metamucil. Use Benefiber, plain Citrucel, Equalactin, or Fibercon instead. And try strong hot fennel tea - it's very anti-gas and anti-bloating.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Where to begin? Just been diagnosed with IBS new
      #1584 - 02/27/03 01:57 PM
Yolanda

Reged: 02/01/03
Loc: New Hampshire

Welcome!

#1585 - 02/27/03 03:15 PM
NancyT

Reged: 02/24/03
Loc: USA

Thanks for the helpful information, Heather. The laxative is Miralax, we'll see how it works.

Re: Welcome new
      #1586 - 02/27/03 03:16 PM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Welcome Nancy T - don't be bashful about using our boards. We're very friendly and like to help. You'll be an old hand at this very soon. Go over to the Recipe Board for some good recipes and suggestions.

Again, welcome.
Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#1597 - 02/27/03 05:23 PM
Peanut

Reged: 02/09/03
Loc: England

Welcome to the board Nancy! I am pretty new here myself at a little over a couple of weeks, but this has really been a life saver!

I also have just been diagnoised with IBS C/G and only now looking back did I realize I have had this since I was a child. I am just thankful to finally know what was wrong with me and my dodgy stomach! I am doing 100% better since I changed my diet to the IBS friendly and once I get my worrying/stress under control, have been told that I will be able to keep a good handle on it! Yeah hoo!!

I thought I would share with you that I tried Mirlax and after a week of it, I went off. I will be keeping my fingers crossed that it does the trick for you, but it didn't agree with me at all. That's really when my GI Dr. thought about IBS. Heather's book are brilliant and recommend them both!!

We are here if you need us!

Sheri

--------------------
So much baking, so little time.....

#1601 - 02/27/03 09:15 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

As everyone else has said Welcome!

I too suffer from IBS - C and extreme bloating and gas. You are not alone and will find so much support and info on these boards. I know I have.

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3530 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2425

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review