All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS, CONSTIPATION, ABDOMINAL PAIN , NAUSEA -YOU NAME IT!!!
      #146 - 01/30/03 08:52 AM
MARIA

Reged: 01/30/03

HI I AM MARIA , I HAVE HAD IBS FOR SEVERAL YEARS NOW . IF I START THE DAY EATING SOMETHING THAT HURTS ME THE WHOLE DAY IS RUINED. I FIND CORNFLAKES WEETABIX BRANFLAKES, MUSELI HURT ME BUT KELLOGS FRUIT N FIBRE IS MY SAVIOUR EVEN THOUGH I HATE THE TASTE. BREAD IS A NIGHT MARE MY STOMACH CHURNS AND BUBBLES ALL DAY IF I HAVE IT, I ALSO FEEL TIRED MY BACKACHES I GET RELUX AND ALL I WANT TO DO IS GO TO BED UNTIL IT ALL GOES AWAY. I FIND THAT OILY NON YEASTY FOOD SEEM TO HELP AND CHICKEN PIES AND PEAS TOO. GINGERNUT BISCUITS HELP THE NAUSEA AND SETTLE MY AS DO HARD CANDY SWEETS. I READ AN ARTICLE CALLED CONSTIPATION SALVATION FOR THE WEAK AND IT SUGGESTED EATING MORE FAT AND SUGAR EVEN SWEET CHOCOLATE TO HELP YOU GO!!! THAT SEEMS TO WORK IT SAYS TOO MUCH CALICUM IN NON CREAMY FORMS SEEMS TO CAUSE CONSTIPATION THAT PROBABLT WHY ARROWROOT BISCUITS ARE GOOD FOR DIAROHHEA SUFFERS. CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIND ANY FOODS THAT DON'T HURT GICE YOU WIND!!! AND MAKE U GO!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS, CONSTIPATION, ABDOMINAL PAIN new
      #185 - 01/30/03 03:22 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi Maria - Before you can focus on individual foods you need to recognize the different categories of foods, and how they can help (or hurt) IBS. These are categories like fats, soluble fiber, and insoluble fiber. These foods cause specific GI reactions in everyone, whether they have IBS or not, and understanding how this works will let you eat in a way that keeps your IBS under control instead of spiraling into attacks.

The guidelines for the IBS diet are at http://www.eatingforibs.com/eatcook.htm

This information should help you a lot. There is a great deal to know but getting the big picture will make it much easier for you to then understand why a specific food is helping or hurting you.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 841 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1664

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review