All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Rice Milk Taste
      #14371 - 07/18/03 03:41 PM
ILSA

Reged: 05/10/03

I need to know brand names of "good-tasting" Rice or Almond milks for cooking and cereals. Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Rice Milk Taste new
      #14373 - 07/18/03 04:41 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I've never had almond, but for rice milk I like Rice Dream.

#14387 - 07/18/03 05:53 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I like Pacific. Rice Dream's not bad either, especially the vanilla. Every almond milk I've tried has been good - can't remember the brands, but all of them were tasty!

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#14402 - 07/19/03 07:01 AM
Georgia

Reged: 07/06/03
Loc: Granite City, IL

I've had the same experience with Almond milk - all I've had were tasty. I agree with Mags on Rice Dream. We like it, especially the chocolate!

#16103 - 08/02/03 10:14 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

I'm glad to hear the chocolate Rice Dream's good. I always keep plain soy milk on hand for cereal and cooking but I like having chocolate "milk" around for a treat. There are exactly three chocolate-flavored alternative milks at Publix (and Wild Oats is in the opposite direction)--one is a light soy milk, tastes like Yoohoo it's so watery, yuck!; one is Almond Breeze, I'm sure it's good but it contains carrageenan, which I try to avoid; so I wound up with the Rice Dream and it's currently chilling in the fridge. I can't wait! (I like the plain Rice Dream too.)

#16104 - 08/02/03 10:28 PM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

Hi; RICE DREAM also makes a frozen desert. It is like ice cream but, of corse, it is made from brown rice and IS dairy free. I tried a small bit on a cone and it tastes pretyy good.

#16298 - 08/05/03 09:41 AM
KaybeeC

Reged: 03/14/03
Loc: Ohio

I cast my vote for Rice Dream, too - but I prefer the "original" over the vanilla for cooking. They now have "original enriched" with some extra nutrients, so that's what I've bought lately. Even if I could drink dairy milk now, I'd stick with the rice milk! I've only tried one brand of almond milk and I wasn't as fond of it as the rice milk - just a matter of personal "taste". Oh, and I like the Rice Dream frozen dessert, too!

Blessings,
Kaybee C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4823 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 960

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review