All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Are egg substitutes safe?
      #142 - 01/30/03 08:34 AM
Rose

Reged: 01/29/03

I was wondering if Heather (or anyone else) knows if egg substitues can trigger an attack. I am at the point right now where I can only have plain bagels and egg white omletes. I go for testing within the next two weeks to rule out everything else. My Doctor tends to believe it is IBS. I know reg egg yolks are bad, I have been eating egg white omletes, but find that I am hungry not too long afterwards. I'd like to try egg substitutes, but not if they are a known trigger.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Are egg substitutes safe? new
      #158 - 01/30/03 11:42 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - Most egg substitutes (like Egg Beaters) are usually just egg white with a little turmeric for yellow coloring. They should be just fine.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Are egg substitutes safe? new
      #342 - 02/03/03 01:23 PM
Stacey_Wikle1

Reged: 02/03/03
Loc: Kentucky

I have tried to completely replace regular eggs with an egg substitute, and have alot of success with. They seem so much easier on my stomach, then regular eggs. That is one food now I don't worry about before I eat! Although they do need a little longer time to cook, and some extra seasoning

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 344 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1774

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review