All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Bloating
      #14181 - 07/16/03 08:18 AM
StansAngelXXX

Reged: 07/08/03
Loc: Albany, NY and Hartford, CT

Thanks everyone- all of your advice has helped! The peppermint and ginger teas do help, especially at night. I just started doing yoga in the mornings too. While all of those things definitely help the cramping and pain- I am still really bloated! Any tips to relieve bloating? I just want to fit into my pants all day long! Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Bloating new
      #14182 - 07/16/03 08:20 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I'm with you on that one! It seems like I need a morning pair of pants and an afternoon pair! UGGGH! Add fennel tea to your tea list. Lightly chop or crush fennel seeds and brew it as a tea. IT is supposed to be excellent for bloating. Also, I find that I try to avoid obvious bloating triggers - like onions, broccoli, cabbage, etc. See if you can think of one that is in your diet. That may help also.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#14187 - 07/16/03 09:18 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I also do lots of strong fennel tea because I bloat up like crazy. I've also found that Ultra Strength Phazyme before each meal and whenever necessary works awesome!!

--------------------
~jules

#14214 - 07/16/03 12:20 PM
artist

Reged: 05/28/03

Hi! Bloating is my most difficult symptom to control as well. Starting out ok in the morning and bloating up toward the end of the day is classic IBS. Giving up dairy and soy completely, has really reduced how often I get severely bloated. For some reason it also helps me to not go too long without eating. If my stomach is very empty and then I eat a big meal, big trouble. Good Luck artist

Jules, didn't your picture used to be up? new
      #14229 - 07/16/03 01:22 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I thought there was a really cute photo with your posts, but it's gone. Or I'm losing my mind (always a possibility!)

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#14242 - 07/16/03 03:14 PM
Leanne01

Reged: 02/03/03

Phazyme has been a life saver for me, so has Charcoal tablets but I only take those when I'm desperate, which isn't often.

#14256 - 07/16/03 06:54 PM
StansAngelXXX

Reged: 07/08/03
Loc: Albany, NY and Hartford, CT

So without soy and dairy what do you do for calcium and a lot of cooking recipes? You are certainly more strong-willed than I feel!!! IT is so hard to give things up sometimes.

Thanks!

sources of calcium new
      #14270 - 07/17/03 06:34 AM
artist

Reged: 05/28/03

You are right, making sure I get enough calcium has been an issue for me. I have spent a lot of time researching this. I find that rice milk is fine for me. My Whole Foods store sells "juice box" sizes. This works out great for me because no one else in my house will touch it!(although they have never tried it, it's really pretty good.) I always felt bad if I didn't finish a large container before it got old. This size is perfect for recipes, or cereal and it is very convenient for traveling. You can also get calcium from legumes, almonds and brazil nuts, crab, greens, salmon with bones, orange juice plus calcium, sardines, and many breakfast cereals are fortified with calcium. There are also several "calcium chews", like Viactiv on the market. I just started taking a calcium/magnesium supplement with my meals after reviewing my options with my doctor. The magnesium has also improved my IBS-C as an added bonus! Always make sure you check with your doctor before adding a calcium supplement because everyone has different health considerations. If you do decide to add a supplement always take it with meals. artist

Where did julie go? new
      #14273 - 07/17/03 08:12 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I'm lost! Help me people! (thanks for complement Heather!)

grrr...I don't know how long it took me to get my pic up. I'll go back into my settings and see what happened.

Sorry people, move along, nothing to see...move along.

(didn't mean to high-jack this thread!)

--------------------
~jules

Re: Where did julie go? new
      #14278 - 07/17/03 09:05 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

"Where's Julie?" "We can't find Julie!" "How long has she been missing?" "About 30 posts!" "We'd better find Heather!"

Stay tuned...........

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 225 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2878

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review