Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: parellichica Question new
      #137031 - 01/10/05 05:32 PM
jamiep

Reged: 12/21/04
Loc: Arroyo City Texas USA

Hi!

Welcome to our little group. I have a personal question...have you had a hysterectomy? Two of us have and I was just wondering.

Love,

Jamie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: BIG QUESTION! IBS and urination problems? new
      #137036 - 01/10/05 05:45 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

It's entirely possible that there's a connection. I've read about something that's called Irritable Bladder Syndrome. I sometimes have the same problem but for me it's a side effect of some of my meds.

Do you do Kegel exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles? Especially important during flu season so you don't accidently pee when you cough! (Been there, done that!)

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#137081 - 01/10/05 08:33 PM
Computr821

Reged: 12/02/04
Loc: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA/ Baltimore, MD

I've had the constant need to pee feeling before, and my urologist said I had an inflamed prostate which was pressing down on the bladder muscles too much. I can't prove it, since it was before the IBS diagnosis, but I'm pretty sure all the pushing for the IBS-C has something to do with it.

--------------------
Why'd you have to go and make me so constipated?
--'Weird' Al Yankovic, "A Complicated Song"

Yes! new
      #137084 - 01/10/05 08:37 PM
Angie113

Reged: 12/31/04
Loc: Alternate b/w Northern and Southern California

I have had problems with urination pain and pelvic pain since last summer, when I had a *horrible* UTI and yeast infection at the same time!! Physical therapists told me that I also had the muscle spasm problem, which was proabably exacerbated by the IBS. I went through a lot of physical therapy, and it's still not perfect

I think somewhere in one of the newsletters, there was an article relating to hypnotherapy that showed improvements in urination problems in IBS patients...I will go back and see if I can find it.

--------------------
~Angela

#137098 - 01/10/05 11:35 PM
dnctla89

Reged: 12/24/04

I have urination problems too...not getting started or going....just finishing....I have to push the last out too. Have no idea if this is normal or not. And I can just empty my bladder and think I am totally done and then sneeze, cough, laugh, or jump and push out more. Getting on my daughters trampoline is just totally out of the question! I have only had one child and am 33 so don't really feel those are to blame. I always thought I just had a weak bladder due to coughing from smoking (smoke free now for 3 years!). I did kegals....and did not help. Also found out that if you drink any type of diet soda it can cause all kinds of havic for bladders and that giving it up can change urination problems drastically. I haven't so far gotten that far. Getting ready to try tho. How bout anyone else? Diet soda?

Carrie

#137432 - 01/11/05 04:34 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Yes! I get those weird feelings like I have to go all the time but then don't empty out sometimes too. I'm also convinced it's connected to IBS. I think when you're constipated it presses against your bladder... just my own theory.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

yes, I have pee problems too new
      #137456 - 01/11/05 05:34 PM
angela3

Reged: 07/12/04
Loc: Texas, near Fort Worth)

I also have trouble getting started peeing especially if I have to hold it for too long, it is a little embarassing if I go to the restroom with ladies that I don't know very well, because they sit down, and you hear the swish sound of them starting to go, and I am just sitting there waiting for it to start coming out, and then when it starts coming out I really have to push it out. What helps me a little is making an effort to relax my "pee" muscles.

I also have a constant pressure on my bladder when I am laying (lying) down. And that causes me to have to get up about 7 times, before I actually fall asleep and, each time it is just a little dribble that comes out.

Just FYI, I am 26, IBS-D, had pain during intercouse about 3 years ago, and have not tried having sex since then. I am very afraid because the pain was awful. I am going to the gynocologist on Jan. 27th to see if she can find anything wrong, other than IBS, but I went about a 1 1/2 years ago and she did not find anything wrong,so I am trying a different doctor.

Are you taking any prescription anti-spasmodics new
      #137457 - 01/11/05 05:49 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

like Bentyl, Levsin, Donnatol? They're prescribed a lot for IBS, but they can cause urinary side effects. Just wondering....

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Are you taking any prescription anti-spasmodics new
      #137458 - 01/11/05 05:53 PM
angela3

Reged: 07/12/04
Loc: Texas, near Fort Worth)

Heather,

I know your question is directed to jujubeeof2, but I just want to mention that I agree with what you are suggesting, when I was on Librax (about 2 years, ago), it made my inability to pee very bad. But I still have "pee" problems, even after being off of the Librax for these 2 years.

I'm not taking any antispasmodics new
      #137566 - 01/12/05 09:03 AM
jujubeeof2

Reged: 12/21/04
Loc: California

I don't want to, even though my dr gave me a an rx for levsin, I don't want to take anything!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2003 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12330

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review