All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
White bread
      #13347 - 07/07/03 11:57 AM
Mallory

Reged: 07/03/03
Loc: Kansas

I'm full of questions. Does it really have to be "fresh" white bread? And does it have to be Sourdough or French? I already bought some bread for this week but I just got some regular white bread. It's fortified and all that good stuff and if I remember correctly it says it's wheat flour but not whole wheat flour. Just curious. I'm a full time student and poor and can't afford to buy any more this week. Thanks.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: White bread new
      #13349 - 07/07/03 12:16 PM
geekgirl

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: UK

So long as it's made from white flour alone it's fine. Watch out for dairy though - I've seen white bread with milk powder in it.

geekgirl

Re: White bread new
      #13355 - 07/07/03 12:47 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - Any kind of white bread (not just sourdough or French) is fine. I advise fresh bread because the pre-packaged varieties (I'm thinking Wonder bread here) can have just tons of additives, preservatives, artificial ingredients, etc. And folks with IBS tend to be sensitive to ingredients like that, so if you can avoid them, do so.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 800 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 610

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review