All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
A big thank you to everyone on the boards!
      #13160 - 07/04/03 02:39 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I just wanted to say how wonderful I think it is that everyone here chips in to help others!!! I've noticed since the board started in January that there has been a progression - new folks come on, ask questions, get themselves feeling better, and then they become familiar faces. At that point they start welcoming incoming new folks and offering help. It's just wonderful to see people go from needing to help to offering help - I am so tickled to see this happen!

You guys are all so great - thanks for being here.

Wishing I could hug you all in person,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: A big thank you to everyone on the boards! new
      #13161 - 07/04/03 04:02 PM
Smiley

Reged: 06/20/03

Dear Heather-I prayed for divine guidance,after my Dr.and dietician gave me wrong diet info. In a sea of confusing and misleading IBS books I was led to your 2 books within a week. Thank you God and Heather. Your experiance got me stablized & symptomfree. My Dr&Dietician now have your books

Aw, you just made my day!!! -nt- new
      #13162 - 07/04/03 04:07 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#13173 - 07/04/03 11:13 PM
kcj44

Reged: 03/23/03
Loc: Elk Grove, CA

Heather:

If it wasn't for you starting this board, we wouldn't have a place to come and share with others who have IBS like us. I have gotten so many helpful hints and recipes off of here. Thank you to you too!

Karen

#13248 - 07/06/03 07:56 PM
jojofood

Reged: 06/18/03

Thank you, thank YOU, Heather! I was amazed by the warm responses I received when I told of "falling off the wagon". I've learned so much about managing my IBS from you and others on the board.

#13249 - 07/06/03 08:21 PM
Leah

Reged: 06/18/03
Loc: Denver, CO.

Heather, many have already thanked you, but I wanted to thank you myself both for the books and the message boards! Just when I thought it would never get better, I came across your books and then the website and I am living practically symptom free now!! I too have shared your books and the message boards with my doctors and other friends who suffer from IBS. Thanks for putting so much time into helping others! As they say in Spanish...MIL GRACIAS (many thanks)!!!
Leah

#13251 - 07/06/03 08:28 PM
Lisa from LA

Reged: 05/19/03
Loc: Currently: Raleigh, NC Formerly: Lafayette, LA

Heather,what an amazing humble person you are. Thanks so much for all of your endless work to help so many people. I must say that I feel as though I know you personally and trust your advice so much more than my own doctors. Since I joined the boards and purchased your books a few months ago I am a new person. My stomach no longer controls my every move and/or thought. I am finally smiling again and enjoying my life and my family.

Lisa

Re: Thank YOU Heather, for making it possible! -nt - new
      #13265 - 07/06/03 11:08 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

#13276 - 07/07/03 06:06 AM
Ashley62

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Eastern Ontario, Canada

I whole heartedly agree with everyone else, Heather, your books and website are wonderful! What's funny to me is that I lived in daily pain for 20 years and thought that was "normal" - now I know that's my past and is NOT my future! I'm still very new to all this (1 month), but am learning every day thanks to the books and everyone else on this board - thanks to all of you too!
Leah

--------------------
Leah
"Years wrinkle the skin, but to give up interest wrinkles the soul"

#13277 - 07/07/03 06:23 AM
Catherine

Reged: 05/28/03

This board has been a godsend to me! I don't post a lot but since being diagnosed in May, I have spent HOURS reading the posts on this board and making notes. I have learned so many things that have been helpful and it's so comforting to know I'm not the only one out there suffering with this. I don't receive much support from my family - they don't take IBS very seriously at all, except for my sister - so it's great to have this haven. Thank you, Heather!

#13296 - 07/07/03 08:14 AM
suzyq

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Northern Ont. Canada

I agree with everyone! Thank you Heather for this site! And a big Thank you to all the advice and care from everyone on this site! Everyone deserves a medal!!

#13411 - 07/07/03 05:34 PM
till

Reged: 02/11/03

Hi
Thanks so much for making the website and writing books. You are so kind and wonderful.
God Bless

#13426 - 07/07/03 10:14 PM
shawneric

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Oregon

Heather your a gem for putting all your efforts into IBS like you have to help others. And others who take the time and help others are also gems and this makes the world and living with IBS a much better place.

--------------------
My website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com

A big thank you to everyone on the boards! new
      #13478 - 07/08/03 10:19 AM
2sweeties

Reged: 06/04/03

I agree - thank you so much, Heather...and everyone. I've learned so much from you all of you.

Alone we can do so little
Together we can do so much
- Helen Keller

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1141 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2883

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review