All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
fennel tea
      #1312 - 02/23/03 11:53 PM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

can someone tell me the best way to buy fennel tea,ie: seed or bag? Also, how to make it strong. I bought the seeds, but it makes very weak tea. :)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: fennel tea new
      #1313 - 02/24/03 12:58 AM
susaloh

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Kiel, Germany

Hi,
I buy the tea bags and it makes very good, strong tea! I remember using the seeds to make tea for my baby son when he got colics and I just left them to soak for a long time until the color of the tea looked about right!
Susaloh

Brand of fennel tea bags? new
      #1334 - 02/24/03 10:28 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - I have a lot of requests for where to buy ready-made fennel tea and I haven't been able to find any. What brand do you use? Is it at regular grocery stores or health food stores?

Also, when I brew fennel tea from the seeds, sometimes I roughly crush them first with a mortar and pestle. It only takes a few seconds, then I dump the stuff into my tea strainer. Sometimes I'm too lazy to do this, but it does make the tea stronger.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Brand of fennel tea bags? new
      #1339 - 02/24/03 11:34 AM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

Hi HEATHER; I USE FLORA BRAND FENNEL TEA FROM THE HEALTH FOOD STORE. They are in seed form so I will try your suggestion.Thanks : :grin::

#1340 - 02/24/03 12:00 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Thanks! I'll check this out. Is it just the loose seeds and nothing else? If it is, it's probably much cheaper to buy the seeds in bulk from the spice section. With peppermint, buying the leaves and bulk is something like 500 times less expensive than buying packaged peppermint tea.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#1344 - 02/24/03 12:48 PM
susaloh

Loc: Kiel, Germany

Heather,

Sorry, I didn't mean to confuse the board! I'm in Germany and I can get three different brands of fennel tea bags at the little supermarket of my village....Sometimes I think I should start an IBS-export-business, also for psyllium seeds, and in return import the special ingredients and spices of your recipes which are so hard to get by here in Europe..... (only joking!).

Susaloh

#1354 - 02/24/03 02:25 PM
KinOz

Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Hi,
I use Fennel tea bags and they make very strong tea. I leave them in for ten minutes. The brand is Onno Behrends Tee. It is made on Germany. On the box it says it is imported by Carl Brandt, Inc Fairfield, CT 06430 USA.

I buy it in my local health food store.
Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

#1361 - 02/24/03 02:52 PM
sek

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Virginia, USA

A company called TwinLab makes herbal teabags, including fennel, under the brand name Alvita. The company is in Utah, but I am able to find their products at health food stores in Virginia.
www.alvita.com

#1363 - 02/24/03 02:57 PM
sek

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Virginia, USA

The following site can help you find stores that sell TwinLab products, although they do not list the store I visit so they certainly don't provide a comprehensive list:
www.twinlab.com/sold.htm

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3380 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4151

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review