All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Boost Energy Drinks???
      #12609 - 06/26/03 04:50 PM
melfank

Reged: 06/19/03

Ok we are getting desperate here. I am pg and finding it really really hard to find ANY protien I can tolerate. I started spilling keytones this week and have lost 10 pounds in the last 5 weeks. My ob is getting worried that I find something. The nutritionist I saw today suggested that. She said that I might not do so well with it but at this point I have to try anything there is and then take a pain pill if I need it. Anyone had any good luck with them????

Thanks, melissa

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Boost Energy Drinks??? new
      #12615 - 06/26/03 05:32 PM
GEA

Reged: 04/06/03
Loc: San Diego, CA

If the boost does not work, why not experiment with your own nutritious and delicious drink? You can control what goes into it and know what will work for you and what won't.
You need a blender, and then some 'milk' soy or my favorite, Almond milk. Throw in frozen bananas and any frozen fruit that works for you, like maybe strawberries. I add a high quality protein powder. Look for a good one at a health food store. I would get one with a mix of things if you can find it. You can even find a rice protein powder. The more ingredients (they get fancy with with spiralina powder and other stuff like that) usually means higher priced. I wouldn't skimp on this, since you are trying to get nutrition for your baby. I add flax seed oil,(health food store) which is wonderful for many things. You need omega 3 and 6. Do a search on google. You can add other stuff as you make it to your likes and dislikes. It's really thick, delicious and it would easily help you to gain weight. It is usually pretty easy on the digestive system. It's really easy to do,
Try it, you really need to turn around your weight loss and start gaining for your baby.

--------------------
~GEA~

#12617 - 06/26/03 06:04 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

ensure worked for me

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Excellent suggestion! -nt- new
      #12624 - 06/26/03 09:05 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#12640 - 06/27/03 06:39 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I have had success with the Boost shakes but they do contain some sort of dairy - which I found out last time I had one. For the first time in years, it made me very gassy. Other than that, I had no reaction previously.
Personally, I like GEA's idea. Make your own. Tailor it to your own personal tastes and experiment. Throwing all of that in the blender makes it much more tolerable and less likely to cause attacks.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2061 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1011

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review