All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Are power bars safe?
      #12137 - 06/20/03 08:47 AM
CarlaVeg

Reged: 06/19/03

Hello!! I was wondering if bars like balance are safe? I'm try to think with my D is worse lately and besides eating indian food two days ago, I have been eating balance bars everyday. Any suggestion or advice?

carla

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Are power bars safe? new
      #12196 - 06/20/03 02:40 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Probably not. Check the ingredients - you don't want any dairy (including casein and whey), you want a low fat content, and a soluble fiber basis. I've looked for bars that fit that bill and haven't found any.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Try GenSoy new
      #15810 - 07/31/03 12:16 PM
swimuk

Reged: 07/31/03
Loc: Ohio

I used to eat Balance bars but they hurt my stomach. I recently tried and now use only "GenSoy". They are soy protein based and come in 2 very good flavors. -You can find them at Trader Joe's (if you have one near you).
I have tried many protein bars and this one is definitely the best I have found (taste wise too)!
Hope that helps!
Heather

Re: Are power bars safe? - Heather -- Just FYI new
      #15815 - 07/31/03 12:40 PM
RLU

Reged: 02/04/03
Loc: Jackson, Mississippi

Heather-

Just a note, I have been eating a Fiber Bar call Take 10 they are kind of expensive about $25 for a box of 14 they are 0 fat and 100 calories, the good news is they are 6 g of soluble fiber and 4 of insoluble. They are made by Advocare which is a fitness/health product company and they can only ordered by a distributor. Just wanted to share. I joined as a distributor just so I can order the bars. Being IBS-C they have seemed to help meet my quota of fiber for the day and give a good balance of both. I started eating these and have given up protein bars as they give me all kinds of problems with the C even the soy ones.

--------------------
Screen Name: Nan275

Try Clif Luna Bars new
      #15852 - 07/31/03 04:27 PM
Kris

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: Vancouver Island, BC

I eat Luna bars on my breaks at work and find them safe. The Lemonzest or Lime flavour seems the safest in terms of fibre/fat content, whereas I avoid the higher fat chocolate, caffeinated Chai tea and insoluble fibre selectins such as cranberry. They are made with Rolled oats, soy nuggets, rice flour, milled flaxseed, soymilk topping, and brown rice syrup. So they are wheat and dairy-free. 3.9g of fat, and 10g of protein, as well as a whole range of vitamins and minerals catered to women's health needs...and they taste pretty good too. They range in price from $1.50-2.50 Cdn each. I have never liked Power Bars, I find the texture is off and the taste is too vitaminy!
Kris

--------------------
Be the change you want to see in the world.

Re: Are power bars safe? new
      #21142 - 09/18/03 01:41 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

What about the Luna bars? What about the s'mores one??

--------------------

Re: Try Clif Luna Bars new
      #21151 - 09/18/03 04:00 PM
rlan

Reged: 06/05/03

I just tried one for the first time today! I actually had the smores and didn't realize till after it has fructose. But other chocolate ones may not and it didn't have much more fat than the other bars. Also I think they all have the same amt. of soluble and insoluble. So wouldn't the berry ones be ok? does anyone know why fructose isn't ok when sucrose is part fructose and part glucose?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4784 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1668

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review