All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Are Soy nuts safe?
      #12048 - 06/19/03 12:04 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I had the munchies for something nutty and salty so picked up some soy nuts at the grocery store. Am snacking on them now and hope not to be paying for it later.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Are Soy nuts safe? new
      #12050 - 06/19/03 12:06 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - Be careful! They can have too much insoluble fiber to be safe, especially on an empty stomach. Also check the fat content, as sometimes they fry these. Look for Soy Crisps - very tasty, low fat, without the high insoluble fiber. Just make sure they're not adding flavorings like dairy or fructose.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#12054 - 06/19/03 12:29 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Thanks Heather....I hope the little few that I just ate aren't going to send me to the rest room soon. : )

#12071 - 06/19/03 02:59 PM
Lisa from LA

Reged: 05/19/03
Loc: Currently: Raleigh, NC Formerly: Lafayette, LA

They usually cause alot of gas so if you experience it you'll know why.

Lisa

OMG don't do it! new
      #12081 - 06/19/03 04:04 PM
artist

Reged: 05/28/03

One day, (before I had a clue), I decided to make myself some "healthy" trail mix. It included soy nuts, dried apricots, yogurt covered raisins, and sunflower seeds. Sounds nutritious right? OMG, I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA DIE!!!! My stomach swelled up so huge and painful that I was in absolute agony! It was THE worst attack I have ever had. Being the thoughtful wife I am, I even sent along some with my husband for him to enjoy at work. He called me later in the afternoon and said he didn't feel so good! He has a cast iron stomach. I have since learned, that ALL of my "healthy" ingredients were IBS triggers. I have also since learned that I am very sensitive to soy products! I have definately learned my lesson. I hope you are doing OK!
Best, artist

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 329 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 882

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review