All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS & Weight Watchers
      #11847 - 06/17/03 06:23 AM
Ashley62

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Eastern Ontario, Canada

I'm very new to this, just found the website last week. I'm happy to say it has made a world of difference so far. But as I'm still getting used to this, how would the IBS diet work with Weight Watchers? I have ordered both books, so things may make more sense after I've read them.

--------------------
Leah
"Years wrinkle the skin, but to give up interest wrinkles the soul"

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS & Weight Watchers new
      #11849 - 06/17/03 06:39 AM
Crow

Reged: 05/31/03
Loc: Adelaide, South Australia

Leah, welcome to the board! I can't offer advice on comparison between the two diets (as mighty as they are) but you may find that, if you keep to the IBS diet, that you will lose weight anyway. Whatever you do, stick to it, and I'm sure you will find all the support you require from the Board.

#11851 - 06/17/03 06:46 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

This diet can absolutely be combined with Weight Watchers - with a few crafty modifications. I do know that another woman did quite well. I don't know a lot about the diet, but our IBS diet is low fat. Try the recipe board. Hit the search button to find previous threads on this topic.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#11854 - 06/17/03 07:50 AM
Zaftig1

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: USA

With the IBS diet you dont need Ww or any other diet. Besides which, 98% of all dieters gain the weight back plus more, and that includes WW. My mother gained and lost, gained and lost the same 50 lbsd for 25+ yrs on Weight Watchers.

With the IBS eating plan you stay on it for life and you will lose weight and it stays off. I lost 100 lbs so far since I started treating my IBS with heather's recomemndations. That was 3 yrs ago.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"A waist is a terrible thing to mind".

#11857 - 06/17/03 08:27 AM
Ashley62

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Eastern Ontario, Canada

Thanks for the responses from everyone. You're probably right, just my typical female "paranoid about my body image" response! I'm sure once I get the books and learn more about the diet & living with IBS it will all make sense. I have to say I'm a strong supporter of exercise, it makes me feel alot better. It's nice to have people who can relate to this without having to go into a long winded explanation!

--------------------
Leah
"Years wrinkle the skin, but to give up interest wrinkles the soul"

#11882 - 06/17/03 11:05 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi there - Our former recipe board moderator, SharonMello, was a Weight Watchers whiz and she was always posting about combining the IBS diet with WW points. They're very compatible. Do a board search for Weight Watchers and look for her posts - on this board and the recipe board both.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#11943 - 06/18/03 11:27 AM
canyontinsley

Reged: 04/12/03
Loc: Canyon, TX

I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong. When I first started following Heather's advice I lost 13 pounds. Now I have come to a screaching hault and my weight won't budge. I thought maybe it was because I wasn't eating enough, and my body was holding onto whatever I ate. I am a "Lifetime Member" with Weight Watchers, and was thinking of going back and incorporating my IBS eating with Weight Watchers point system. For example, I should have 18-23 pts. per day according to WW. I have only been eating about 10-14 pts eating for IBS. I'm wondering if I need to be eating more. On top of that, my "recovery" progress has stopped and I am having soooo much pain, bloating, C, lately. I mean, I was traveling this past weekend and I was crying becuase of the pain. My boyfriend thought my appendix had busted and wanted to take me to the hospital! I just explained to him that this is how it is. I look like I weigh about 30 pounds more than I really do because of all the fluid I am retaining. On top of that, my stomach sticks out and is hard as if I were pregnant because of the C, I guess. Sorry to gripe, it is just sooo irritating. Someone please tell me how to 1)continue weight loss 2)get back on track to feeling better. I am so uncomfortable.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1145 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2422

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review