All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
question for everyone new
      #11448 - 06/11/03 11:28 PM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

has anyone tried. prelief? has anyone tried nuelev. nuelev is from the dr office. prelief can be bought at drug stores without perscriptions.

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What does everyone here do for a living and how does IBS affect your work? new
      #11449 - 06/11/03 11:59 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Ruchie,
I can sympathise. I too am glad I am C and not D but I know what you mean about being gassy. Luckily, kids don't seem to notice it as much as adults would.

I too find it hard getting from break to break without needing to pee. I guess us lot with C are all chugging down a lot of water and it has to come out I guess!

Luckily, the teacher next to me (it's a double space classroom) is happy to keep an eye out while I run off. I haven't told many people at work about the IBS, I think they all assume I have a weak bladder since childbirth or something!

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Re: What does everyone here do for a living and how does IBS affect your work? new
      #11454 - 06/12/03 03:08 AM
tlc

Reged: 03/06/03
Loc: Australia

I'm a head of Department at a highschool. I teach English and Drama. Fortunately, I have a lot of spare lessons, so I don't have to worry too much about dashing to the loo, however, the drive home is a different story.

#11459 - 06/12/03 04:58 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I'm so sorry you had to miss work and that you weren't feeling well I hope you have a MUCH better day today!!!

I think it's great that you can land whenever you need to! Do you take anything for air sickness? I've taken dramamine when I fly all my life. It makes me REALLY sleepy though! (But every person is different in that respect).

Enjoy your job, and Happy Thursday!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Kerrie new
      #11464 - 06/12/03 05:10 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Me too! LOL They must think I have a weak bladder...although I don't have any excuse for it! Many people I work with know my situation at this point. We're like a family in the community where I live--and people have each other over a lot...so you end up telling folks that you can't eat this or that...and they DO ask questions. (Because they care). LOTS of people in my community have food allergies, stomach probs, etc. (unfortunately), so I don't seem to stand out.

Ok, I rambling.

I hope you're doing well Kerrie

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Prelief is great! new
      #11527 - 06/12/03 01:17 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

They're in the middle of conducting studies on its use for IBS. I think it works really well for acidic foods.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#11543 - 06/12/03 03:36 PM
Leanne01

Reged: 02/03/03

I work at a hospital and I'm secretary and I have a bathroom next door to my office. Everybody knows that I have a spastic colon every now and then and I drink water like crazy during the day and we always let each other know when we have to go to the bathroom. The bathroom that is next door to my office, people do go in there to do the '#2' and believe me it can't get pretty smelly in there We have matches and Spray but not everybody uses it after they go.

Re: Prelief is great! new
      #11546 - 06/12/03 03:39 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Thats great! Acid is a major prob for me

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#11559 - 06/12/03 06:12 PM
Jenn

Reged: 04/05/03
Loc: NJ

My job is completely incompatible with IBS. I am in sales, and spend most of my day either in the car or meeting with prospective clients. As one can imagine, this leaves little opportunity for bathroom usage. The worst are dinner meetings I am expected to go to. The "vegetarian" meal at the last one was cheese tortellini with alfredo sauce. Nightmare! There is not the option of not eating it while you are sitting at a table with ten other people you are trying to network with. Needless to say I had to embarrassingly run out 5 minutes before the speaker was finished and made a beeline for the bathroom. My IBS has definately affected my work performance as of late, but I do think the stress of my job has contributed to the worsening symptoms, so it's just a vicious cycle

#11561 - 06/12/03 09:33 PM
meg

Reged: 01/29/03

I'm an LPN and used to work in a long term care facility. I found it quite difficult to work with the IBS, but I managed somehow. I miss it terribly...

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 896 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 32836

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review