All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Question About Bloating and Pantyhose?
      #11136 - 06/09/03 08:26 AM
Catherine

Reged: 05/28/03

I'm new - an IBS-C with lots of bloating. Most days, I start out in the morning with a flat stomach - by mid afternoon, I look like I'm pregnant! However, I notice my symptoms are not as bad on the weekends. Of course I'm less stressed on weekends, but now I'm wondering if control top pantyhose might also have something to do with it. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question About Bloating and Pantyhose? new
      #11144 - 06/09/03 09:55 AM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

I know that sometimes when I wear tights and/or pantyhose, my bloating is worse! I am sure that the constriction around the lower tummy doesn't help...

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

#11173 - 06/09/03 03:04 PM
mmacrobbie

Reged: 02/12/03

I find I can not have anything that sits across my belly button on while I am sitting at my desk. I think it just pushes on all the wrong gears while I'm working at my desk. If I do wear panty hose or tights, I can only wear them once or twice a week. After that I can kiss any good feelings goodbye

#11210 - 06/09/03 10:53 PM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

I can't stand anything too tight on either, it presses against me too much and my stomach feels bad it makes it worse.

#11212 - 06/09/03 11:32 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

I don't know if they actually contribute to bloating but they sure don't help it any. Can't stand the things myself and couldn't for a long time, even before IBS. It's "thigh-highs" for me from here on out, that's when I DO have to wear hose. They make them now that fit everyone and DO stay up if you buy the kind that doesn't use the invisible elastic. Look around, try different brands and you'll come up with one that you couldn't live without. Besides, if you stick with one brand/color most of the time and one gets a run you've only lost half a pair and can use with the next single that gets a run....so it turns out to be cost effective as well as more comfortable.

--------------------

Re: I don't know about pantyhose but... new
      #11214 - 06/09/03 11:45 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Anything tight on my tummy makes me really uncomfortable. Thank goodness casual dress is the norm at work for me and I don't feel the need for pantyhose. I find I have to be careful with pants and skirts though, anything fitted or tight is out and loose is in! I love hipster everything as it is so comfortable the way they sit under your belly. I hope they stay in fashion forever.
Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Thanks, Everyone! new
      #11222 - 06/10/03 06:07 AM
Catherine

Reged: 05/28/03

I'm glad to know it's not just me. Unfortunately, I do have to wear hose much of the time at work, so I think I'll check out those thigh highs - great suggestion. I am so glad I discovered this board - for so long I thought I was the only person going through all these strange problems!

Thigh Highs! new
      #11281 - 06/10/03 01:10 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

These are terrific! I hate anything tight around my waist, and pantyhose are the worst. Thigh highs are terrific, and if you get a good brand they really will stay up. I've had good luck with Victoria's Secret - they're even pretty at the top instead of having just an ugly elastic. Look for ones that have a rubber grip on the inside of the top band - it will cling to your skin and really stay up.

These are also much nicer for summer weather because they're so cool.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: I don't know about pantyhose but... new
      #11284 - 06/10/03 01:19 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Kerrie - I agree with the hipster style. You gotta love 'em!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2561 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7744

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review