All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Very curious
      #10963 - 06/06/03 02:34 PM
coragrace03

Reged: 05/13/03
Loc: MA.

I've been having a very hard time lately with my ibs and my Dr. is hopefully getting me into a new gastro next week. Cross my fingers. My question is, through everything I still need to loose some weight especially since I'm officially getting married next year. How do you all feel about something drastic like the Atkins diet. I 'd probably be setting myself up for more pain but at this point whats the difference. I'm always in agony right below and between my ribcage. I don't want to make things worse in the pain department but I really want to loose some weight.....Any suggestions? Thank you so much.
Cora

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Very curious new
      #10964 - 06/06/03 03:09 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

I would stongly suggest staying away from the Atkins diet. In the time coming up to your wedding I would be concentrating on getting stable so that you can enjoy it.

I can understand your desire to look your best for the wedding, that's only natural. However there are other safer ways of losing weight that would be a lot less painful than putting yourself through Atkins. It's just not good for IBS.

I would suggest looking at your portion sizes and cutting them down, eliminating any unnecessary sugary foods which may hold unwanted calories, and getting as much exercise as you possibly can. If you really stick to it, you can lose the weight whilst still eating "safe" foods.

All the best with everything,
Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Great advice from Kerrie... new
      #10965 - 06/06/03 03:51 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

and I'd add in that you try and increase the calories you're burning by being more physically active.

The Atkins diet is horrible not just for IBS, but for your health overall. Use the "search" button on the board to look for past posts on Atkins and on weight loss.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 854 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 485

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review