All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
soluble fiber products in uk
      #10938 - 06/06/03 05:51 AM
ruthuk

Reged: 06/06/03

Help please. Can anyone give alternative soluble fiber product names that are available in the uk and any advice for the best one for someone who suffers from bloating and rapid diarohea and pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: soluble fiber products in uk new
      #10949 - 06/06/03 09:54 AM
geekgirl

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: UK

I use Fybogel - widely available in chemists and supermarkets - in orange or lemon flavour. Unfortunately it contains aspartame though. You can get it in sachets and in a big tub (only seen that in the chemist) which is more cost effective. I've not seen anything else in the high street - not looked into what is available on the net as yet. Oh and in some places I've had to ask at the counter for it - so if you don't see it you could try asking.

Hope that helps,
geekgirl

#10955 - 06/06/03 12:04 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - Avoid anything with psyllium if you can. There are past posts on getting non-psyllium supplements in the UK - check here web page

Locally, look for Normacol or Benefiber, or ask your pharmacist if he can order these. They're non-psyllium.

You can order Equalactin from hardtofindbrands.com

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#11031 - 06/07/03 12:48 PM
britsarah

Reged: 02/16/03
Loc: United Kingdom

I also use Fybogel which does contain psyllium but I find it ok. If you can get your doc to prescribe it on repeat prescription it also works out a lot cheaper. There is another supp. my doc recommended which she phoned up the chemist about for me but it's not available at the moment. Will try to find out what it's called, then post so we can find out if it's better or not. I don't think we can get the capsules here, so if you want to try those you'll have to order them over the net.

--------------------
Sarah

Looking for inspiration...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6409 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 795

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review