All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Help needed - Equalactin feedback from everyone
      #10651 - 06/03/03 07:03 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - Equalactin advertised in the IBS Newsletter a while back, and that ad led to quite a few related posts on this board. I really like this product, and have had it help me a lot without any side effects, but I'd like your feedback here.

How many of you heard about or decided to try Equalactin after seeing it in the Newsletter or on the boards?

How did it help you?

Thanks to everyone for your info here.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help needed - Equalactin feedback from everyone new
      #10654 - 06/03/03 07:52 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

Since the company advertised in your newsletter and came highly recommended by you, I have WANTED to try Equalactin, but haven't found it at Kroger or Big Bear in Ohio or at CVS or Wal-Mart in Nashville. So the ad sparked my interest, but at the moment my hands are tied .

#10658 - 06/04/03 03:06 AM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Like Amelia, I too have yet to see Equalactin anywhere. In the stores I go to, I see Metamucil,Citrucelle and Benefiber- but no Equalactin. I would be willing to try it though.

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#10662 - 06/04/03 03:41 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Actually, the first time I ever saw Equalactin was about 2-3 years ago. I was in the middle of an attack (which was typical back then) and my boyfriend went to the CVS to get me I think maybe Immodium? Anyway, HE found it and bought it for me. He was so proud of himself, because he thought he helped...it was cute! LOL Anyway, I only tried it like once or twice & of course didn't really notice a major difference, because I wasn't taking it every day - again, this was way back before I knew of Eating for IBS, or the benefits of taking fiber supplements daily.

I decided to try it "for real" this time after seeing it on the boards and in the newsletter. It was okay. I personally find that the liquid supplements work best for me. And even comparing Benefiber & Citracel, I find that Citracel works better for me than Benefiber. Benefiber does work for me. I'd say Benefiber is good, Citracel is better.

Oh, and the second time I found Equalactin, I'm almost positive it was at Target.

Hope that's not too much info!

#10663 - 06/04/03 04:59 AM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

I liked using it...although it was a bit "chalky." I am glad that it is marketed towards IBS sufferers! It seemed to help me. Also, it is very reasonably priced. Thanks for suggesting it!

Christianne

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

#10666 - 06/04/03 05:22 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

The last fiber supplement I tired was Equalactin (I tried citrucel, fibercon, metamucill and benefiber). It still gave me problems. Bloating, gas, etc. The best fiber supplement for me was benefiber in terms of gas and bloating--but it didn't really make me go. The only think so far that's made me go is MiraLax and a lot of fat in my diet! (Is fat a laxative? The fat has come from peanut butter)?

I learned about Equalactin from the board. Heather, you also specifically recommended it to me. I would like to try fiber again--but I'm too scared because of the side effects I experienced in the past without benefit.

I wonder looking back if I was just taking the fiber the wrong way? Maybe I didn't get enough water (I drank at least 12 ounces each time I took the fiber--usually more)...or maybe there was another cause. If you don't want to count me in this survery, I'll understand! I hope this helped a little....

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#10667 - 06/04/03 05:40 AM
lovejoy_22

Reged: 02/21/03
Loc: Henderson, NC

I have had really good luck with Equalactin. I like it much more than mixing the drinks. I have had to up my dose, but I still have had good results with it.

--------------------
lovejoy_22

#10683 - 06/04/03 09:35 AM
gator

Reged: 05/26/03
Loc: Florida

Hi. You can get it off the web at www.drugstore.com Also, I looked at the ingredients and they are exactly the same as fibercon. So if you have fibercon in your area, it's the same thing as equalactin. The active ingredient in both is calcium polycarbophil... and the inactive ingredients were just about identical also... hope this helps.

--------------------
Thank You

Thanks! -nt- new
      #10706 - 06/04/03 12:25 PM
HeatherAdministrator

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Thanks Mags! This helps a lot... -nt- new
      #10751 - 06/04/03 04:42 PM
HeatherAdministrator

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 614 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5185

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review