All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Reliv Supplement?
      #106393 - 09/16/04 11:46 PM
SisterDawn

Reged: 09/16/04
Loc: Iowa.

Hello, all. I just discovered this site about an hour ago, and am grateful that it exists! Thank you, Heather! I am beginning to familiarize myself with the IBS diet. However, my question is this. I am working out at a place called Inches A-Weigh, and they promote the Reliv nutritional supplement. I have tried it, but I find it moves through me very quikcly, and seems to cause problems. has anyone heard of, or know anything about Reliv, and it's effects on a person with IBS? Any answers would be appreciated! Alicia

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Reliv Supplement? new
      #106410 - 09/17/04 05:42 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Hi and welcome to the boards, Alicia!

Actually, there's been a lot of discussion about the Reliv supplements lately; you can find that here. This person's experience with it was overwhelmingly positive - I'm sorry yours wasn't, but it's good to hear other experiences, too, as a reminder that these supplements work differently for everyone and aren't a cure-all.

#106417 - 09/17/04 06:10 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Welcome Alicia
Glad you found us. There has been alot about this lately. If you do a search you will see what everyone is saying.
Good luck and a again WELCOME

--------------------
Heather7476

RELIV new
      #106450 - 09/17/04 08:42 AM
kemulvey

Reged: 07/05/04
Loc: Mass.

I use it and it's changed my whole life.... for the better. Everyone's bodies are different of course, but I do know from living with an RN who is high up in the company that you need to take a specific combination of supplements-- three different powders-- to aid in helping with IBS. I didn't start to feel better until I was taking all three.

Reliv is not a product... it's a line... and until I know exactly which formula(s) you were on, I can't help you.

I take 3 of the products and I don't take anything else anymore. You need to tell me what you were taking so I can better help you understand what was going on....

I'm the one with the good experience and I'll be happy to help you as best I can if you want to give it a go taking the same combination I'm on... Send me an email at karenreliv@hotmail.com

All best,
Karen =)

#106494 - 09/17/04 10:46 AM
SisterDawn

Reged: 09/16/04
Loc: Iowa.

Hello, all! Thank you for the many responses. I didn't expect the outpouring of them, but I'm glad for it. Also, thank you for your patience, when I should've h=just conducted a search regarding Reliv. :) I've not had time to read through all the info about it, but I will. Thanks all, and look forward to talking more.

#106520 - 09/17/04 12:14 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Welcome Sister Dawn! Glad you found us.

Karen, I think we need to point out again that Reliv is a pyramid marketing scheme, that the products are very expensive and nothing that can't be bought at a discount drugstore and that you have a financial interest in it.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

What does Heather think new
      #106525 - 09/17/04 12:22 PM
crampgirl

Reged: 02/23/04

I was wondering what Heather thinks about this product & the fact that one of the members on the board who is selling it is promoting it here?

Re: What does Heather think new
      #106532 - 09/17/04 12:37 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Crampgirl, she's aware of it and is monitoring it. If you are uncomfortable with it, just click on the little "Notify" icon at the bottom of Karen's post. That will send an email to Heather to flag it for her. The careful monitoring of this board is one of the things that makes it so good, so Heather definitely values your feedback.

Karen, please don't take all of this personally. I know you're just trying to help people. It's just that this may not be the right forum to do it.

Everybody, just take what you like and leave the rest, okay??

Have a great day, everyone.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Thanks, and would everyone please give me their feedback here? new
      #106539 - 09/17/04 01:01 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I've let the Reliv thread continue because Karen is a long-time member of the board, and she seems to have had genuinely good results from this product. I'm never really comfortable with threads like this but I also don't like to delete posts unless they really cross the line.

I'd like to know if people would like to see the Reliv thread continue, if they'd like the thread to remain on the board but be locked so new posts can't be added, or if they'd like to see threads like this deleted completely.

In the end, my goal is to try and monitor the boards in a way that makes the board members happy - these are really YOUR boards, and I'd like them to be as open as possible, without allowing spam, or hostile posts, etc. This is not always an easy balance to strike, and I guess I tend to lean towards allowing posts to remain instead of deleting them whenever I feel caught in the middle.

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Thanks, and would everyone please give me their feedback here? new
      #106553 - 09/17/04 01:36 PM
crampgirl

Reged: 02/23/04

Heather, I don't mind the post being here. I was just wondering if you had heard anything about this product or if you had seen it being sold here & maybe put your comments here so members don't think it's a cureall when possibly it isn't. Actually I hope the product really works. I have already been enormously helped by your book & diet suggestions so I'm pretty happy the way I am without trying something new. If it really helps people I'm all for it & glad it has helped Karen.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1446 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 24157

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review