All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Reliv Supplement?
      #106393 - 09/16/04 11:46 PM
SisterDawn

Reged: 09/16/04
Loc: Iowa.

Hello, all. I just discovered this site about an hour ago, and am grateful that it exists! Thank you, Heather! I am beginning to familiarize myself with the IBS diet. However, my question is this. I am working out at a place called Inches A-Weigh, and they promote the Reliv nutritional supplement. I have tried it, but I find it moves through me very quikcly, and seems to cause problems. has anyone heard of, or know anything about Reliv, and it's effects on a person with IBS? Any answers would be appreciated! Alicia

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Reliv Supplement? new
      #106410 - 09/17/04 05:42 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Hi and welcome to the boards, Alicia!

Actually, there's been a lot of discussion about the Reliv supplements lately; you can find that here. This person's experience with it was overwhelmingly positive - I'm sorry yours wasn't, but it's good to hear other experiences, too, as a reminder that these supplements work differently for everyone and aren't a cure-all.

#106417 - 09/17/04 06:10 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Welcome Alicia
Glad you found us. There has been alot about this lately. If you do a search you will see what everyone is saying.
Good luck and a again WELCOME

--------------------
Heather7476

RELIV new
      #106450 - 09/17/04 08:42 AM
kemulvey

Reged: 07/05/04
Loc: Mass.

I use it and it's changed my whole life.... for the better. Everyone's bodies are different of course, but I do know from living with an RN who is high up in the company that you need to take a specific combination of supplements-- three different powders-- to aid in helping with IBS. I didn't start to feel better until I was taking all three.

Reliv is not a product... it's a line... and until I know exactly which formula(s) you were on, I can't help you.

I take 3 of the products and I don't take anything else anymore. You need to tell me what you were taking so I can better help you understand what was going on....

I'm the one with the good experience and I'll be happy to help you as best I can if you want to give it a go taking the same combination I'm on... Send me an email at karenreliv@hotmail.com

All best,
Karen =)

#106494 - 09/17/04 10:46 AM
SisterDawn

Reged: 09/16/04
Loc: Iowa.

Hello, all! Thank you for the many responses. I didn't expect the outpouring of them, but I'm glad for it. Also, thank you for your patience, when I should've h=just conducted a search regarding Reliv. :) I've not had time to read through all the info about it, but I will. Thanks all, and look forward to talking more.

#106520 - 09/17/04 12:14 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Welcome Sister Dawn! Glad you found us.

Karen, I think we need to point out again that Reliv is a pyramid marketing scheme, that the products are very expensive and nothing that can't be bought at a discount drugstore and that you have a financial interest in it.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

What does Heather think new
      #106525 - 09/17/04 12:22 PM
crampgirl

Reged: 02/23/04

I was wondering what Heather thinks about this product & the fact that one of the members on the board who is selling it is promoting it here?

Re: What does Heather think new
      #106532 - 09/17/04 12:37 PM
LauraSue

Crampgirl, she's aware of it and is monitoring it. If you are uncomfortable with it, just click on the little "Notify" icon at the bottom of Karen's post. That will send an email to Heather to flag it for her. The careful monitoring of this board is one of the things that makes it so good, so Heather definitely values your feedback.

Karen, please don't take all of this personally. I know you're just trying to help people. It's just that this may not be the right forum to do it.

Everybody, just take what you like and leave the rest, okay??

Have a great day, everyone.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Thanks, and would everyone please give me their feedback here? new
      #106539 - 09/17/04 01:01 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I've let the Reliv thread continue because Karen is a long-time member of the board, and she seems to have had genuinely good results from this product. I'm never really comfortable with threads like this but I also don't like to delete posts unless they really cross the line.

I'd like to know if people would like to see the Reliv thread continue, if they'd like the thread to remain on the board but be locked so new posts can't be added, or if they'd like to see threads like this deleted completely.

In the end, my goal is to try and monitor the boards in a way that makes the board members happy - these are really YOUR boards, and I'd like them to be as open as possible, without allowing spam, or hostile posts, etc. This is not always an easy balance to strike, and I guess I tend to lean towards allowing posts to remain instead of deleting them whenever I feel caught in the middle.

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Thanks, and would everyone please give me their feedback here? new
      #106553 - 09/17/04 01:36 PM
crampgirl

Reged: 02/23/04

Heather, I don't mind the post being here. I was just wondering if you had heard anything about this product or if you had seen it being sold here & maybe put your comments here so members don't think it's a cureall when possibly it isn't. Actually I hope the product really works. I have already been enormously helped by your book & diet suggestions so I'm pretty happy the way I am without trying something new. If it really helps people I'm all for it & glad it has helped Karen.

#106555 - 09/17/04 01:53 PM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

Agreed. I think it's useful for us to find out about this product; as I said before, we need to have ALL the info, including the fact that the products are marketed in a multi-level fashion, and are not something you can pick up at Walgreens. That doesn't mean it isn't a good line though, and if it's beneficial to some of us, then it'd be helpful to know about it.
I'm also cool with it cause as far as I know, Karen hasn't been actively hawking it, just telling us about it.
And hey, we're grownups living in a capitalist society. Presumably we know by now that just cause somebody's trying to sell us something doesn't mean we HAVE to buy it.

Frustrated! new
      #106562 - 09/17/04 02:29 PM
kemulvey

I actually don't.

I'm at the bottom of the "pyramid" if you will so I don't make anything if anyone buys products from me. I'm not doing this to make money, I promise. And if you don't believe me, I don't know what else I can say.

I can explain the pyramid system as it was explained to me. It is unfortunate that it is sold this way-- and it is unfortunate for all of us. The reason they do this is so that you have someone you can go to if you need help, personal advice or a personal story (like mine).

If I were at a higher "level" on the pyramid, I would, but I am just out of college and not looking to make money, just to tell people how much better I feel.

I don't know what else to say to those of you who doubt me except that I am hurt and very frustrated and wish I had never brought it up. Why did I think that telling people would be a bad thing?

If you COULD buy it at a drug store I'd have told people about it then, too. By the time I ship it to people, I lose whatever "profit" I'd have made anyway, just so you know. And I'm offended that anyone here would think I would do this just to make money.

I had good results and was looking to share it so some of you would feel better.

I don't know what else to say.

Heather, I appreciate your support. You know I would never do anything to try to undermine your work. Were it not for you, I'd have been miserable for much longer. And I do still follow the diet for the most part, even though there are things I find I can sneak back in.

I only offered this because I was TRYING TO HELP those who were at their WITS END find a solution. I had lost TONS of weight, was in the hospital and the doctor told me to try anything I could to put the weight back on. This worked. I came here because I knew there were others in a similar situation-- some of whom, like me, had tried every drug, every herbal tea, and the elimination diet, would be fine and then for some unknown reason find themselves miserable.

Please understand, I want to harm no one and I am trying very hard not to lose the wonderful friends I have found here. I have only tried to help you and will feel very upset if I end up having lost the respect of people who helped me for trying to help them in return.
- Karen

Edited by kemulvey (09/17/04 02:39 PM)

#106564 - 09/17/04 02:45 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I ditto all that's been said. I don't see any harm in letting the threads continue... for the sake of information, and knowing about everything that's out there. Personally, I have no need or reason to buy the products, but I'm thrilled it's helped Karen, and if she can help others in the same way, then... wonderful! As long as everyone's informed about what they're getting into, you know?

Response to Casey new
      #106570 - 09/17/04 02:55 PM
kemulvey

If you all want the whole deal posted here once with how much it costs etc. I can do that. I didn't because I didn't want to annoy people. I'm happy to post my whole explanatory email that I've been sending to people privately if it helps clear things up-- it's basically the same as the posts I've put up and is better organized....

Heather?

Best,
Karen =)

#106577 - 09/17/04 03:14 PM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

I don't think that Karen's giving information to us is harmful. I think you should leave the thread as is. She is not trying to talk us into buying anything, she is simple telling us about a product that has helped her and possibly might help someone else on the board.

I have a tendency to raise my eyebrows at anything that make "claims". Karen is a friend, she would not harm us in any way, I simply refuse to believe that!

We are the ones who make the choices here. We can either try the product or not. It's that simple.

As Heather stated, although she monitors the board; it is our board and Karen has been with us for a long time.

It's okay with me.

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

Re: Response to Casey new
      #106578 - 09/17/04 03:16 PM
LittleFox

Why don't you do that Karen. Perhaps it will yield a better understanding.

Lene

--------------------

#106585 - 09/17/04 04:10 PM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Hi Heather,

I have only been on the boards a little while and have found the diet to be the only thing that has helped me so far. But I am definitely open to other things that may help.

I think that Karen seems to generally want to help others on this site. I think that we are all adults and can make our own decisions, so the post should be left up.

However, I personally don't feel comfortable trying something that may or may not work and is expensive w/o more research.

I don't know anyone else who is taking this product so I am relying on Karen's info to give me a better understanding of it's benefits. I am still a little confused on some things. So Karen I was wondering if you could clarify some things for me before I consider this product:

First, I read the following statements in your post that seem to say that you are still following Heather's diet:

Quote:

I have been IBS symptom free thanks to a soluble fiber diet (for the most part) and a new powdered vitamin supplement and fiber supplement (that includes probiotics) from a company called RELIV.

Quote:

I'm not saying this is a "dream cure" but in conjunction with Heather's diet guidelines, it can make a huge difference.

Quote:

And I do still follow the diet for the most part, even though there are things I find I can sneak back in.

Then I read this statement:

Quote:

I don't use SFS or any Rx for IBS anymore, or Lactaid and it's saving me tons of money food shopping too, because I can eat again.

I took from it that you save money food shopping b/c you eat normally again and do not have to buy foods for the diet that tend to be a little more expensive then normal stuff.

Are you saying you can eat anything you want? Or are you still following Heather's diet in some form?

Second, I read the following statement that says you are still on a SFS:

Quote:

I still take 1 T of Acacia once a day, but otherwise, I have been wonderful.

And then I read these statements that say you have eliminated your other SFS:

Quote:

I have never been more stable and now that I'm up to the full scoop of FIBRESTORE after a month I have dropped my other SFS.

Quote:

I don't use SFS or any Rx for IBS anymore, or Lactaid and it's saving me tons of money food shopping too, because I can eat again.

Do you still take the you Acacia SFS or just the FIBRESTORE?

Third the following statements seem to say you are still on some RX:

Quote:

In under a week and a half, I reduced my IBS related medications-- Bentyl and Paxil to half and cut Protonix (for acid reflux) in half as well, stopped all Immodium when I'd been taking 8 or more a week the 2 weeks before I started the RELIV and I've never felt better.

Quote:

I'm down from over 30 pills per day (fiber included) to taking 7. SEVEN

Then I read these statements that seem to say that you not taking any RX for IBS:

Quote:

I've been symptom free for over a month and it's also eliminated my prescriptions

Quote:

Are you still taking prescriptions for IBS or Acid Reflux or does this product eliminate the need for Rxs?

If you could clarify these points for me I would greatly appreciate it. B/C if the product does not eliminate prescriptions, and enable me to eat more normally then it would not really be doing me any more good then the diet. However, I know some others here are worse off then me and still have some problems despite the diet and SFS, so this may help them.

Thank You for Your Help

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

The WHOLE RELIV Story new
      #106596 - 09/17/04 05:25 PM
kemulvey

The WHOLE RELIV story
For anybody interested in the RELIV system, I will explain it to you to the best of my ability since at the moment I have been receiving emails from people who would like it fully explained.

1) THE PYRAMID SCHEME
Honestly, I have had second thoughts about posting again after being accused of doing this to make money. Please promise me no hard feelings. I have been a friend as long as I have been here and it would be hard for me to leave you all now. I was looking forward to sharing my good news. I will get this demon out of the way first.

I won't make anything because once I ship it to you, my "profit margin" is eaten in shipping costs. (The cans are heavy.) Yes it's a pyramid scheme. That frustrates me to no end because I've had luck with this that I've had with nothing else. How it works is, I am a distributor so I can get it from the company. Only distributors have this luxury. Otherwise, you can find a local distributor who can give it to you. There is a search engine on the website.

They are not available on the general market because the products sell by word of mouth. The theory behind this is if you are connected to someone who has good results and a connection to the company and who can follow up with you and see how you are doing, you are more likely to do well with the products. Some of it can get confusing, how much of which to take when and the philosophy behind having a distributor is that they can check in with you from time to time should you need anything.

2) THE PRODUCTS THEMSELVES
For help with IBS there are three products that every person takes in a shake TWICE a DAY, every day.

These are CLASSIC (a vitamin supplement), INNERGIZE (a vitamin supplement with added nutrients) and FIBRESTORE (a fiber supplement with antioxidants and probiotics built in).

CLASSIC and INNERGIZE contain vitamins… FIBRESTORE contains soluble and insoluble fiber, with a high concentration of soluble fiber.

You take one scoop of CLASSIC, ½ scoop of INNERGIZE and 1 scoop of FIBRESTORE in each shake—TWICE A DAY.

The fiber begins at 1/4 scoop for a few days (2x), work up to 1/2 scoop and finally 1 scoop per drink. 2 scoops day = 20 g fiber. I often had trouble getting enough. I have never been more stable and now that I'm up to the full scoop of FIBRESTORE after a month I have dropped my other SFS.

However, you WILL NEED SFS while you adjust to the product…. It can take up to a month to get results... so you'll need a SFS for the SHORT TERM while you work up the fiber over 2 weeks. I took 1 T of Acacia 2x a day until I got to ½ scoop of fiber and then I didn't need it anymore.

Everything IS natural. It gives your body the nutrients you need. There may be a slight change in your body (for the better) as you adjust to the products... My whole family is on them now after seeing how much healthier I look and feel in general and they don't even have IBS….

3) WHAT IT COSTS

The basics include

CLASSIC- 40 (lasts 1 month)
INNERGIZE (lasts 2 months)- 19
FIBRESTORE- 40 (lasts 1 month)

There is a 30 day money back guarantee with it also, so if you take it and it doesn't work you can return it and get your money back.

4) WHERE TO GET IT
Because of the pyramid marketing thing, it's not something you can get on your own. It has to come from the company or a distributor. You can get it from me (ie: I'll order what you need, it will come here and I'll ship it to you myself complete with personalized directions etc.) ....or you can call a 1800 number and get it from them with my personal control number which I'll be glad to give you if you want to email me. You can order it from me. It will take me 5-7 days to get it and then I can ship it out.

You can use ONLINE ORDERING... http://www.relivonline.com/order.pl?id=23782

Or you can check the website: www.reliv.com and they have a list of distributors near you.

5) DIET ETC
My lactose intolerance was completely reversed. It's saving me tons of money food shopping too, because I can eat again, so I don't have to be as choosy about what I'm eating. Before I had to buy tons of organic food and expensive things just to survive—whether on the list or not. Many of the foods on Heather's list used to aggravate me, even though most people on the list had no problems at all with them. (Tomatos, most of the veggies, some of the fruit) And now I can eat most of those. My tolerance for soy has gotten better. I primarily follow the diet—but I do eat cheese… and can sneak in some fried food in small quantities when it used to KILL me.

I stick to mostly IBS diet foods, but I do eat chocolate and cheese. No alcohol—though I did have half a glass at a party last week and it didn't bother me at all when I'd normally be RUINED for 3-5 days. I make no claims that the Reliv is responsible, only stating the fact that I didn't get sick.

6) MY STORY (from beginning to now)

I'll start from the very beginning... I have had IBS for most of my life. Documented case since I was NINE. I am now 23 and have suffered horribly. Missed tons of school during high school and college.

I had terrible problems with gas, and especially BLOATING on even Heather's diet... no matter what I ate, it felt like I would blow up like a hot air balloon. I think it would help everyone who has bloating trouble, simply because it really helps regulate your tummy, and I think some of the "happy gut flora" as I like to call them are responsible for keeping things in line and reducing bloating.... I only had MINOR problems with that each time I increased the fiber.... as long as you drink water as you should you'll be FINE.

I was MISERABLE-- sick all the time. Terrible D (took 5-6 Immodium a week, minimum), with gas and bloating... never felt hungry, lost tons of weight, and despite the diet, which helped—don't get me wrong, without it and the support from all of you, I'd have been totally lost, continued to feel weak, tired and just plain debilitated.

I was in the hospital 4 times in July and August trying to figure out if my latest "flare up" was something much worse than IBS. I went down to Heather's basic diet and no matter what I ate, it went right through me. 3 weeks later, after having lost 10 pounds, I was sent for an emergency colonoscopy, which was an ordeal in itself, believe me.

After that was over, my hope of feeling better was pretty dim. They had told me there was nothing new they could give me for Rx's since I was already on Bentyl and taking Immodium nearly everyday. They told me to take heart and eventually it would sort itself out.

I moved, and I was living with a woman who was an RN who introduced me to Reliv products

It took me approximately 10 days to feel 100% better and I don't use SFS or any Rx for IBS anymore. I have stopped taking all my Rx related to IBS. I have stopped my Rx for acid reflux, and as soon as I have approval from my migraine specialist, will hopefully be completely medicine free.

I've been on this for over a month... in serious stress and have not had ONE attack. NOT ONE. And with the stress of moving (again). Finding a job. Being in one I couldn't stand for a whole month where people where constantly abusing me emotionally—that's pretty incredible.

Even my doctors know and are impressed. I have seen them since.

I don't know if this helps any of you. I swear I'm a friend and only trying to help.

If I can answer anything else please drop me an email at karenreliv@hotmail.com.

Best wishes to all,
Karen =)

Okay, folks are happy to have this thread continue - but I'd like to ask new
      #106601 - 09/17/04 05:38 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

that we try to keep all Reliv posts in this same thread. I think a few other threads have started, and it will help keep the board clear if everything is in this one thread.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

No problem new
      #106605 - 09/17/04 06:05 PM
kemulvey

Heather-
No problem from me... I tried to put all of the necessary information in the one posted near the top of this thread called "The WHOLE RELIV Story." I actually had hoped this was part of the other thread. I had not intended there be two, but then I didn't start both of them so I don't feel so bad.

Thanks for defending me.
Best,
Karen =)

I'M SORRY!!!! new
      #106616 - 09/17/04 07:08 PM
LauraSue

Karen, sweetie pie, I'm so sorry. I apologize. I too was only trying to help people. I will forever more be your true friend and supporter if you will just forgive me please. Life is too short for us to get stressed out by this and trigger an IBS attack from it! That would be totally counterproductive, wouldn't it!

PS. Are you by any chance related to a Michael Mulvey in the New York area? He's my brother in law. His mother's name is Barbara and his sister's name is Pam and he has a brother in the Marines. Ring a bell at all? Every time I see your username I think of him and smile. It would be really cool if you were cousins or something!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

No hard feelings new
      #106617 - 09/17/04 07:15 PM
kemulvey

Apology accepted Laura...
I knew you didn't think I was only in this for the money since we've been talking since the beginning, but it did upset me all the same. At least now you know I stand to gain nothing but the satisfaction of having helped people and that's worth more to me than I can say.

I haven't even had a stress attack despite a horrible 1-month internship, and now looking for a job and an audition and callback for a professional theatre company.

No relations outside of MA, I'm afraid. With no uncles or cousins and having lost 2 paternal grandparents last October in a fire, there are only 7 of us Mulveys left.

Good to know there are others you know and think well of.

Best,
Karen =)

Re: No hard feelings new
      #106629 - 09/17/04 07:35 PM
LauraSue

Oh, thank you, thank you! My goodness what an awful thing to lose your grandparents in a fire. My sincere condolences, sweetie!

PS. The Mulvey's I know are just as gorgeous and cute as you are! Must be a "family" trait!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: No hard feelings new
      #106630 - 09/17/04 07:39 PM
kemulvey

Thanks for the condolences. I'm coming up on the year anniversary in October, so I may disappear for a while if I get all depressed.

I'm trying to focus on the good times and the best things that happened when they were around. I can't even believe it'll be a year Oct 23. Feels like yesterday.

I will let you all know if I get this part.
All best,
Karen =)

Cool, that answers all my ?s Thanks! -nt- new
      #106638 - 09/17/04 09:21 PM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

For Karen and Heather new
      #106687 - 09/18/04 07:43 AM
jeenerz

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Northwest Montana

First of all to Karen:
Thank you so much for the detailed information. As you know from my emails to you, I am definitely interested in it, if what I am currently doing falls thru the floor as have so many other 'remedies' I've tried. Your posts have not been offensive to me; in fact, I know I'd want to share my 'success' story with all my other friends on the boards, in hopes that just maybe it might help someone else, even if it's just ONE person. We'll be in touch

Heather:
I guess I agree with the other responses re: whether the Reliv post should be kept. Again, if it helps just one person, isn't it worth posting? We, as adults can then look and it and research it and see if that may or may not be something for our bodies to try...by the way, thanx for running such an effecient message board. It has been such a great help to me emotionally and I've found so much helpful advice, not to mention such wonderful support.
God Speed
Janene

Just one person new
      #106695 - 09/18/04 08:13 AM
kemulvey

Thank you Janene for your support.... it is my hope that if I can help ONE person feel better I will have succeeded. If anyone wants to give it a try, feel free to email me.

I echo the kudos to Heather, without her, I never would have started to take control of my life... I would have thought "this is how it is and how it will stay." Thanks Heather for taking such good care of us.

Best,
Karen =)

Reliv... progress report new
      #107075 - 09/20/04 03:31 PM
ptillen

Hey, can I just say this:
after one week of using just CLASSIC (nothing else as yet), I am almost immediately seeing a great increase in energy. I usually get these downward surges (well, negative surges, if that makes sense) in mid-afternoon, which haven't been happening since beginning the Reliv.
I have been doing one scoop in the morning, just today increased to 2; I hope to add the fiber supplement fairly soon.
So, so far so good.

Re: Reliv... progress report - Question new
      #107077 - 09/20/04 03:47 PM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

Hello - I was just wondering if you noticed any side effects at all from taking this? I have the Classic and the Innergize in my cupboard but have never tried it! Did it give you any problems? What kind of problems do you have from IBS? I hope you dont mind me asking this but Im very anxious to try it but at the same time too nervous! Thanks for your help!

Reliv... progress report- Excellent/ Trying 1 supplement new
      #107091 - 09/20/04 04:53 PM
kemulvey

Great to hear you're having good results.

I'm glad to hear it's working so well for you. I think you'll find you feel even better if you start the fiber.

Let us know how you're doing. Do me a favor and dash me an email at karenreliv@hotmail.com I have a question for you. Thanks.
Karen =)

Re: Reliv... progress report new
      #107094 - 09/20/04 04:57 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I am glad to hear it is giving you energy. I plan to start this very soon. I would love to hear how you do with the fiber part
Good luck

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Reliv... progress report - Question new
      #107095 - 09/20/04 04:57 PM
kemulvey

Hi there,
I'm not the person you're looking for, but I can tell you I had serious D and very bad cramping and gas before starting products and I am now symptom-free.

I didn't have any problems with it. Neither has my family which includes 4 other people. I would start with 1/2 scoop of the Classic twice a day for now.

Trying ONE Product/ ONLINE ORDERING new
      #107101 - 09/20/04 05:25 PM
kemulvey

If you're interested in trying products but don't want to try too quickly or are concerned with money, you can start on CLASSIC.

Take 1/2 scoop twice a day and if you're feeling okay you can gradually include the Fibrestore.

Here is a direct link for online ordering http://www.relivonline.com/order.pl?id=23782

I hope this helps if you want to get started but had trouble with money or didn't know how to order. You can order via the website above.

Best,
Karen =)

Keep us informed... new
      #107250 - 09/21/04 11:23 AM
jeenerz

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Northwest Montana

So glad you're having some positive results already from the Reliv. Please
keep us posted as to your progress and what you think of Reliv. I am seriously considering the products and very interested in how those who try it do with it...it certainly has helped Karen so far and that is so neat!
God Speed,
Janene

Re: Keep us informed... new
      #107261 - 09/21/04 12:14 PM
ptillen

Sure will. Drinking my second shake of the day even while typing this
It's been making those 13 hour teaching days a lot more possible.
Another observation... I've tried a few other protein/ multi-vit supplements and this is the only one that doesn't taste just irredeemably NASTY!
OK, it's pretty nasty by itself in water, but quite palatable in a shake with soy milk, cocoa, a little honey, and sometimes a banana.
This is not to be underestimated as a point in its favor!

Shakes! new
      #107305 - 09/21/04 01:36 PM
kemulvey

I do mine with Vanilla Soy milk, raspberries, strawberries and blueberries... You can throw in a banana if you like. It's yummy. Add an ice cube before you run the blender.
Karen =)

Re: Trying ONE Product/ ONLINE ORDERING new
      #107507 - 09/22/04 05:49 AM
TampaKat

Reged: 06/30/04

Hi Karen,
can you use these products for weight loss?

Yes for Weight loss new
      #107511 - 09/22/04 05:58 AM
kemulvey

Yup. Take 1 scoop classic and 1 scoop innergize for 3 weeks. Then take 2 scoops Ultrim plus in place of meals from then on. (The Ultrim replaces the need for the other 2 and the Classic and Innergize at the beginning gets the body functioning correctly to burn fat).

I spoke to a person last night at a conference I went to who had lost 47 lbs and kept it off for 8 years.

I hope that helps...

Here's the link to order... http://www.relivonline.com/order.pl?id=23782

Best,
Karen =)

Question for Karen about Reliv new
      #107522 - 09/22/04 06:49 AM
Miss Pepper

Reged: 12/23/03
Loc: Delaware

I am interested in finding out more about the Reliv products, specifically the ingredients. I don't see those listed anywhere on the website. I have to be very careful with supplements, medications, etc. as I have a lot of allergies and sensitivities (for instance, I am , unfortunately, allergic to acacia). Could you tell me where I could find the Reliv ingredient information?

Thanks!

Re: Yes for Weight loss new
      #107525 - 09/22/04 06:55 AM
TampaKat

Reged: 06/30/04

Does a weight loss program come with it? Or do you just replace two meals a day...one with a Classic drink and the other with am Innergize drink? I am not clear how it works.

Not Karen, but I cananswer this question new
      #107533 - 09/22/04 07:26 AM
ptillen

Here's a place where you can see all the ingredient details: http://www.relivonline.com/reliv2 Scroll downward on the home page and you'll see a link to product ingredients.

Nutrition info new
      #107535 - 09/22/04 07:32 AM
kemulvey

Here's the info for the products I recommend here:

CLASSIC: http://www.reliv.com/docs/nutritionals/printable/US_Classic.pdf

NOW: http://www.reliv.com/docs/nutritionals/printable/US_NOW.pdf

FIBRESTORE:
http://www.reliv.com/docs/nutritionals/printable/US_FibRestore.pdf

Hope that helps. If you still have questions, feel free to email me at karenreliv@hotmail.com.

If you order, you can do so online... http://www.relivonline.com/order.pl?id=23782

Karen =)

Re: Question for Karen about Reliv new
      #107536 - 09/22/04 08:06 AM
LittleFox

Karen - I read the back of the Now and Fiber. It is suggested that you take it in 4 oz of juice. What juice did you use in the beginning? There are so many juices that are out for us; I can't remember when I drank juice.

I plan on giving it a go Saturday (when I am at home - just in case).

Also, these are not meal replacements right? I drink them but continue on Heather's diet and my SFS right?

I need a safe juice recommendation and the surety that these are not meal replacements.

Thanks.

Lene

--------------------

For Lene new
      #107544 - 09/22/04 08:33 AM
kemulvey

Hi Lene,
Start on JUST the NOW. Take it in 8 oz of whatever you want. I take it in water... and always did. It's vanilla and tastes fine.

We'll work the fiber in soon. Stay on your SFS.

They are NOT meal replacements. If you tolerate the NOW OK let me know. Please send me an email to karenreliv@hotmail.com so I can keep track of you and how you are via email and not clutter the board.

It's my job to follow up with people.
Best,
Karen =)

Re: For Lene new
      #107554 - 09/22/04 09:12 AM
LittleFox

what about the Ennergize?(sp) when do I start on it?

Lene

--------------------

Re: For Lene new
      #107571 - 09/22/04 10:33 AM
kemulvey

Zap me an email and we'll discuss the whole thing.
Thanks,
K =)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2100 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 24155

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review