All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
check this out new
      #105635 - 09/13/04 03:09 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Casey - Here's something I found on the web. It's a weight gain product for people with illness' developed by a doctor. It's supposed to help you gain 2 lbs a week. I am half considering it, myself.

http://www.suplimednutrients.com/index.php

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What would you do? new
      #105642 - 09/13/04 03:36 PM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

Hey Casey!
Right now I'm just getting into the swing of things at school again. Believe it or not its a break from how much I worked in the summer so maybe before I'm swamped with essays and stuff I'll be able to get on here more!
Generally, I'm feeling pretty good, definitely still have those bad days but I'm dealing, hehe.

#105845 - 09/14/04 03:03 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Casey I was thinking about you during work today. This is what I thought: have you ever stopped drinking tap water and taken only bottled water? I know people who have been really sensitive to it when it doesn't bother other people. I don't like tap water myself. But a girl I worked with from Wisconsin came here and got sick right away from the water. She felt better when she stopped drinking it. Anyway it is just a thought. I hope you feel better soon!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

This stuff has a lot of dairy in it, unfortunately. -nt- new
      #105883 - 09/14/04 06:00 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#105885 - 09/14/04 06:06 PM
crampgirl

Reged: 02/23/04

I used to love muffins & package bakery mixes but had to give them up.

#105895 - 09/14/04 06:55 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Why not buy the lunchbox-sized individual rice milks? The unopened packages do not need to be refridgerated. So, you could keep them all at room temp in your cabinet, and use one at a time in your cereal. That will eliminate the coldness variable and allow you to see if the rice milk itself is causing the attacks.
Incidentally I just stopped using Silk Soy milk after a year, because I really think it was causing me to bloat up with gas. All summer long I used Rice Milk, because I was mostly at the bf's place in London and that's what he drinks. I did not have any gas problems over the summer, but they started up again when I got home. Obviously stress back here is a huge factor, but I've foregone the soy milk all week and was bloat-free. Tomorrow I will try rice milk in my cereal and see how I do.
I really hope you feel better soon. I've been feeling so much better the last several months that I almost feel guilty coming to the boards anymore ... like I don't really have IBS anymore. I think the CDs are helping too, though I'm only up to day 12. I start the second session tonight so I hope it goes well.
Alright time to do some Income Tax Law homework. Oh the joy. (haha actually I'm a nerd and I really do like that class!)
Happy tummies to all, and to all a good night,
Panda

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Re: This stuff has a lot of dairy in it, unfortunately. -nt- new
      #105947 - 09/15/04 03:56 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Hi Heather. I know it does which is unfortunate. Why can't they use soy milk instead? I guess that means it would just make things worse by bringing on an attack.

Thanks for your response.

#105948 - 09/15/04 04:14 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

Amanda-
keep coming here, you can still over help and advice and good news that it is controllable to the rest of us

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: What would you do? Canola Oil, corn allergy? new
      #105952 - 09/15/04 04:32 AM
angela3

Reged: 07/12/04
Loc: Texas, near Fort Worth)

hi,

I know you had a lot of answers back and I did not have the patience to scroll through all of them, because I am getting ready for work. But I found that when I first started doing the IBS diet and making the breads with canolo oil, they upset my stomach, so I switched to Extra Light Tasting Virgin Olive Oil. I don't know what Heather would say about Olive Oil, but I have found it to be great and it is all I use in every recipe in place of canola oil. I can't say if its the corn in canola oil......i can't even remember the ingredients in canolo oil........i just know they made my stomach unhappy. I eat the pumpkin apple spice bread and zuchinni bread all the time made with olive oil and feel fine. So you might maybe have some time of corn allergy. Get tested, I got tested for milk and wheat and it really helped me to verify my suspicians. I hope you feel better, i know how it feels to just not want to eat anything, but at the same time be sooooo hungry.

I had a lot of misspellings in this, but don't feel like correcting....................

good luck!

#105974 - 09/15/04 06:23 AM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

I drink Vita Soy or West Soy Lowfat plain soy milk. Silk Soy is so heavy. These don't bother me.

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3587 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 36593

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review