All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)
Re: Heather: F/U ?'s Re: list of doctors who are great for IBS patients new
      #21970 - 09/29/03 12:57 PM
lithelady

Reged: 08/15/03
Loc: Novato, CA

Gads, you are amazing how fast you reply! Txs for all your many wonderful efforts for all of us and I'll look forward to the list. I'll also let you know if I find anyone good here in the Bay area......there's got to be some here, it's such a huge area. The difficulty is in finding them......it's like a needle in a haystack!!

--------------------
Many years of C-IBS and pain too for past 2 years-

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#21973 - 09/29/03 01:03 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Just a shot in the dark, but there are several CA hypnotherapists who do gut-directed work. I don't know if the cities they're in are near SF, but if they are, they might have some good local doc recommendations. Any GI doc who's sending IBS patients to a trained hypnotherapist is definitely up on his research and aware of what can really help patients. Might be worth a shot to just cold-call these folks and ask if they know some good docs for you. There's a list of them, by state, here web page

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#21979 - 09/29/03 01:20 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Hey Lithelady!

I'm in the Bay Area and have Kaiser as well. I just recently had an appt with a GI at the Santa Clara facility in Aug. Well, it turned out to be her first day so after listening to me for 30 minutes, she went and got another doctor. I really wished I had gotten that other doctor's name because she was amazing. She listened to me and then went over different tests she wanted to try and discussed options on where to go if the tests don't show anything. She also gave me levsin which has helped tremendously.

She told me to come back and see her in 2 months and then went and scheduled the appointment for me! (if you know Kaiser, you know it is a pain-in-the-butt system!) Unfortunately, I think she scheduled me with the 1st doctor. My appt is on 10/7 so when I go in, I'm going to get the name of the helpful doctor to see if I can get appointments with her!

Will let you know what happens.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: A list of doctors who are great for IBS patients - new (UK) addition new
      #21984 - 09/29/03 03:04 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Dr. David Fine, BUPA Chalybeate Hospital, Southampton, England

This guy's been great for me - very open to ideas and trying everything! Let me know if you ever do a UK list and I'll dig out his contact details.

Linz

Re: A list of doctors who are great for IBS patients new
      #22034 - 09/29/03 09:07 PM
marnie

Reged: 09/17/03

Hi Berky,

Nice to meet you! Don't know of ANY, BUT if you find any PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
I'm from Rochester, NY too....! Am really FRUSTRATED w/the Dr.s here. How abt. you???
Maybe we could even support each other on the phone!!!!! Let me know!

marnie

Re: A list of doctors who are great for IBS patients-CORRECTION new
      #22036 - 09/29/03 09:12 PM
marnie

Hi tnchawk,

Thanks a bunch for this!

I see Berky is also looking for decent Drs. in Rochester, NY which is where I live too.

Marnie

#22037 - 09/29/03 09:18 PM
marnie

Really appreciate the webpage Heather. Don't see any in Rochester, NY but do see one in Largo, Fl where we spend the winters. Am gonna check into this. Doubt it's covered by insurance tho.
I really do believe hypnosis works because a long time ago a friend and I took a niteschool course in hypnosis. Think I'll stop here & write to all so that they can get an idea.
Tks again,

Marnie

For Berky: Re: A list of doctors who are great for IBS patients new
      #22744 - 10/07/03 06:58 PM
marnie

Hi Berky,

I'm fr. Rochester, NY too and don't know!!! Am researching it and w/let you know if I find anyone! I have heard Mersch (?sp.) on Long Pond Rd., probably by Parkridge Hospital, BUT.......earliest u can get to see him is in Jan. UNLESS you have terrible troubles and then you go on a waitlist or whatever.....! Might be worth a try.

Hear if you keep bugging them........you might get in!!! Worth a try.

If you hear of any, pls. let me KNOW!!!

Mags2003 sent me a list fr. WebMD. Don't know how to send u to the site, cept to search for WebMD and look under GI's in this area (or ask Mags). Brings up quite a FEW!!! Some I didnt see in phone book.

I would DEFINITELY STAY AWAY fr. the one whose name start with Ant !!!!!

Marnie

#23100 - 10/10/03 09:16 PM
lithelady

Reged: 08/15/03
Loc: Novato, CA

Heather,
Txs so much for the link to the list of hypnotherapists. I haven't been able to join in here since early Oct until today so I just found your reply from 9/29 tonight. It's a great link w/ lots of good info about hypnoRx research studies. Also has a list of health providers trained in the Palsson hypnoRx technique, which, according to this site, is the only approach that's been proven in research studies to work well.

I plan to spend some "quality time" tomorrrow reading the info and linked research articlee at this site, b/c I'm pretty certain at this point that I need and want to do some hypnoRx to help me w/ my IBS. I'll send you anything I find that seems worthwhile for the research lib. Txs again and hope you have a great wkend. LL

--------------------
Many years of C-IBS and pain too for past 2 years-

Hypnosis for IBS new
      #23118 - 10/11/03 02:04 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Thanks, any good info you find would be much appreciated. Definitely check in at the IBS Hypnotherapy forum here on the boards. Shawn has posted a wealth of great articles and links in that forum. He's actually in touch with Dr. Palsson and so has access to some research even before it's published. He also has terrific research from Mike's hypno program.

If you haven't read through the general info about gut-directed hypnotherapy and how it works, how to find a therapist locally and what to ask them to make sure they can treat IBS, what to do if you can't find someone locally, etc. check here web page

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 850 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 131178

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review