All Boards >> Yoga for IBS & Digestive Health Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
tai chi
      #18653 - 08/26/03 07:35 PM
stacyr

Reged: 08/17/03
Loc: CA

just curious...has anyone tried tai chi and if so has it helped or is yoga just recommended for relief of symptoms? I have crohns, a mild case compare to some of you but still get killer pains and would like to know if this form of exercise would be benificial...I know any exercise is beneficial...any response would be helpful ! thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: tai chi new
      #18670 - 08/27/03 06:39 AM
berky

Reged: 06/26/03
Loc: New York state

Hi! I have done Tai Chi for several years now. I would say if you are a person whose IBS worsens during stress, then Tai Chi can be very helpful. It calms the mind and sooths the spirit,which in turn seems to calm the tummy. It certainly can't hurt!! Good luck! Linda

--------------------
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." ~ Groucho Marx

Re: tai chi new
      #18710 - 08/27/03 11:58 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - both yoga and tai chi and have been found to be very helpful for digestive disorders. There's a ton of info here web page

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 22 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5706

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review