All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Fennel Question
      #5113 - 04/04/03 07:30 AM
Peanut

Reged: 02/09/03
Loc: England

Hello guys! I am wondering if I saute (in water or broth)or bake the main bit of the fennel stalk, is that safe for me to have? It wasn't on the list (I know that there are loads not listed), but have been having more bad days then good and just want to be safe. I thought it would be good with my salmon pasta for tonight. I need to have a day off from steamed and peeled carrots.

Thank you again,

Sheri

--------------------
So much baking, so little time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Fennel Question new
      #5129 - 04/04/03 12:54 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I think if you cook it till it's very tender it should be fine. Other veggies that are really safe when well-cooked are sweet potatoes, beets, turnips, and rutabagas. They roast deliciously!

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Fennel Question-Heather new
      #5131 - 04/04/03 01:06 PM
Peanut

Thank you for getting back to me and am now looking forward to having them with my dinner tonight. I do have one more question for you though. I have been eating pickled beets out of the tin and some days I wonder if they are helping keep my stomach unsettled. Should I cook them before eating them from the tin? Didn't ever think of that until reading your reply.

Thank you!

Sheri

--------------------

Re: Fennel Question-Heather new
      #5135 - 04/04/03 01:19 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

It might be the vinegar or whatever else is "pickling" them. Acidic foods can trigger problems in some people. I usually buy fresh whole beets, and roast them like that. The ones in the tins are already cooked. I think you can get canned beets that aren't pickled, too.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Thank You! - nt- new
      #5152 - 04/04/03 04:57 PM
Peanut

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 531 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1654

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review