All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Can we use sesame oil , Grapeseed oil.. Heather???
      #336375 - 09/23/08 08:39 AM
lisamonoson

Reged: 07/08/06
Loc: FL

I know canola oil, Extra virgin Light olive oil can be used but can we use other oils in moderation?? Such as Sesame, Grape Seed oil or Peanut??? Which are safe??
When you cook oriental a sesame or peanut oil would be great for flavor...Thanks in advance.. I have searched the site and cant find any info..

--------------------
IBS C Mostly .. More stable than ever Since being on the IBS diet! I THANK GOD FOR THIS BOARD! I can alternate to IBS A at times of stress, hormones or anxiety. LACTOSE INTOLERANT

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Of course! As long as quantities are small and you have a new
      #336402 - 09/23/08 11:53 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

soluble fiber foundation, these are all just fine. Since you're going low fat for IBS, you just want to make sure that the fats you do eat are heart-healthy, which means you want to avoid the saturated fats and trans fats.

This is pretty easy to do since avoiding red meat, dairy, and egg yolks eliminates most sat fats, and avoiding commercial high fat goods eliminates the trans fats (and don't use shortening).

So, all of the oils you listed are fine for added flavoring. I cook with small amounts of toasted sesame oil a lot with Asian recipes - a little bit gives you a lot of bang for the buck!

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Of course! As long as quantities are small and you have a new
      #336515 - 09/25/08 10:23 AM
lisamonoson

Reged: 07/08/06
Loc: FL

THANK YOU SO MUCH HEATHER I really appreciate you answering

--------------------
IBS C Mostly .. More stable than ever Since being on the IBS diet! I THANK GOD FOR THIS BOARD! I can alternate to IBS A at times of stress, hormones or anxiety. LACTOSE INTOLERANT

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 315 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4600

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review