All Boards >> IBS Recipes

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Pasta Mix Substitutions
      #18984 - 08/29/03 09:13 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

I'm going to be cleaning out my kitchen this weekend - including my pantry which holds a lot of foods that I bought before I went on Heather's diet.

I have a lot of Pasta-Roni mixes where you just add milk, water, and margarine for a creamy pasta side dish. So my question is - has anyone substituted the milk for soy milk and the margarine for rice butter in these mixes? Did they turn out okay? I know the soy milk and rice butter works for a lot of substitutions, but not sure in the creamy pasta mixes.

I'm sure I'll have tons more questions about substitutions as I continue cleaning. I hate throwing away good food!

--------------------
- Jennifer

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pasta Mix Substitutions new
      #18999 - 08/29/03 11:24 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - You can definitely sub plain soy milk and soy margarine (or canola oil, or just leave the oil out). The trick here is to check the ingredients in the pasta sauce mix, as it's really like to contain dairy. If it doesn't, you'll be okay. If it does, there's really no way to make the dish safe (though you could just use the pasta and give the sauce packet away).

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Pasta Mix Substitutions new
      #19035 - 08/29/03 02:14 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Ooh I never thought to check the mixes. I will definately have to do that.

And if it does, I think I will just keep the pasta and throw away the mixes! Thanks!

--------------------
- Jennifer

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 572 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1314

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review