All Boards >> New Board! IBS Diet Question of the Day - Ask Heather!

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Variability with IBS Symptoms
      #373832 - 03/24/19 10:24 AM
Wolfgrl

Reged: 01/28/16

I thought I had my IBS symptoms under control for the past 6 months by controlling my diet and taking large amounts of Caltrate. Recently, it seems that the symptoms have gotten much worse and I am wondering if there is normally a great deal of variability in your IBS symptoms. Does it get worse and then better and then worse, etc. I was very happy when I thought it was under control, but now am very upset about it taking a turn for the worse.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Variability with IBS Symptoms new
      #373833 - 03/25/19 06:51 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - yes, by definition, IBS is chronic but intermittent. Usually when you've been stable for a while, if things suddenly get worse you can pinpoint why - stress, a trigger food, travel, other illness, etc.

If nothing has changed in your diet, life, environment, etc. and things just suddenly got worse, and are staying worse every day, please do check in with your GI doc.

If you think this is just a temporary IBS flare, go to the breaking the cycle diet for a few days to calm things down - https://www.helpforibs.com/diet/what_to_eat.asp

XOXO
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 22 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2788

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review