All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Fibromyalgia & IBS Question
      #45005 - 02/14/04 02:21 PM
dajolin01

Reged: 01/30/03

HI!
I wasn't sure where to post this so I thought I would start here. I have frequent this site for the great recipes and Heather's books have changed my life! I have had IBS for a very long time and have been living a much healthier and functional life for the past two years now...thanks to my new way of eating/living. In a past newsletter I read an article about Fibromyalgia and IBS. I never thought that that could be what was causing all of my pain but just this past week I was diagnosed with Fribromyalgia. I thought since so many people with IBS suffer from this condition someone might clue me in to where you have found help. Books? Websites? Medications? Diet? I am very grateful for any information that can be passed my way!
Thank you!
Dory

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Fibromyalgia & IBS Question new
      #45009 - 02/14/04 03:02 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi Dory - I've been working a bit lately with the National Fibromyalgia Association, and they have a great website here http://www.fmaware.org/index.html

There's a bit of info on how to overlap eating for IBS and fibro (not hard to do) in their recent newsletter here web page

You might also post on the diet board about this. I think we've got a few fibro folks around.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#45064 - 02/15/04 08:24 AM
dajolin01

Reged: 01/30/03

Thank you Heather!
Dory

#45160 - 02/16/04 01:39 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Thanks Heather. I'll check out that eating for both article. I'm sure in myself that I've got Fibro, but haven't actually been diagnosed yet. My doctor is useless and I can't be bothered to register at another one now as I'm moving house soon.

If there's anyone out there who has hints on how to cope with fibro, I sure would be grateful. All I've got atm is heat therapy! And I can't take my duvet and hot water bottle to work (tho I'd sure love to !).

Anyone who didn't know us would think we were a bunch of insane hyperchondriacs! We have EVERYTHING!

#46131 - 02/22/04 09:28 PM
kathyjo

Reged: 02/03/04

Hi dajolin,
I too have fibro and IBS. I was told I had fibro after my first child was born. I just try not to over do it and rest if needed. IBS kicked in last year after having my gallbladder out. I'm still trying to get in under control, somedays are good but most are bad right now. I just finished reading Heather's books. For the fibro there is a really good web site: www.fibrohugs.com It is helpful to talk with other people with the same problems, just like this site. I don't know what I would do without these 2 sites. And you can get books to read at the library or bookstore (I like to buy my books so I can highlight the part that pertain to me).
good luck,
kathyjo

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2291 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 553

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review