All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Note to Heather (member comments welcome)
      #323165 - 01/25/08 12:25 PM
Fatso

Reged: 01/18/08
Loc: United States

It was bugging me Heather has her PMs blocked.
Being a moderator/administrator/site owner one would think she would be happy to interact with the board members instead of just overseeing her loyal subjects.

I get that she has enough on her plate already, but what the heck is this site for anyway?

This thread is for questions and comments directed at the great Heather Van Vorous, and board members can comment on the posts.

QfH = Questions for Heather (questions directed at Heather)
    CfH = Comments for Heather (comments meant for Heather's reply)
    AfH = Answers from Heather (answers that come from Heather)
    CtfM = Comments to and from Members (comments from member to member about the 3 things listed above)

The questions and comments can be linked from a single post that has been buried in newer threads, or it can be posted directly in this thread.

CfH There's an old saying:

Edited by Fatso (01/25/08 12:34 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Note to Heather (member comments welcome) new
      #323404 - 01/28/08 10:39 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi there - all private messages on the board are disabled, not just mine, because they have a history of abuse on other boards that I'd like to avoid.

I'm on the boards every day, whether you see me here or not. I answer questions when I can, but in general the moderators and members do a fabulous job of sharing info and they don't need me "oversee" them as their subjects. As long as posts stay friendly and within the topic parameters as defined on the message board home page, there's no problem. (I believe I actually emailed you this same info earlier.)

This site is for giving education, help, and a friendly shoulder to lean on to those with IBS. You're welcome stay and join us.

PS - I saw your post about the IBS restaurants - love it!

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Fatso ... new
      #323407 - 01/28/08 10:58 AM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

Oh Yes ... I believe that you are correct ... Heather is the greatest!! And the moderators are doing a wonderful job!

I thank each and everyone one of you for sharing your time and talents with this high plains cowboy.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Bravo!! Heather!!! -nt- new
      #323416 - 01/28/08 12:11 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

#323419 - 01/28/08 12:36 PM
Fatso

Reged: 01/18/08
Loc: United States

Quote:

Hi there - all private messages on the board are disabled, not just mine, because they have a history of abuse on other boards that I'd like to avoid.

I'm on the boards every day, whether you see me here or not. I answer questions when I can, but in general the moderators and members do a fabulous job of sharing info and they don't need me "oversee" them as their subjects. As long as posts stay friendly and within the topic parameters as defined on the message board home page, there's no problem. (I believe I actually emailed you this same info earlier.)

This site is for giving education, help, and a friendly shoulder to lean on to those with IBS. You're welcome stay and join us.

PS - I saw your post about the IBS restaurants - love it!

Best,
Heather

Thanks for responding.
I hope I didn't sound rude (written praise can be misinterpreted).

Yes you did E-mail, but I didn't feel you really answered anything.
Quote:

Hi - thank you for your feedback. We actually have all private messaging disabled on the message boards. I monitor the boards daily, but it's rare that someone asks something that hasn't already been asked and answered, or that the moderators can't handle.

Best,
Heather

Heather Van Vorous, CEO
Heather's Tummy Care / Heather & Company for IBS, LLC
IBS Education, Support, & Products
Ph: 866 640 4942 Fx: 206 264 8072
80 S. Washington St. #304, Seattle, WA 98104 USA

See, what I actually wanted was a way to reach the Web owner personally, not just for questions and comments on IBS.
As for PM abuse, all you really need is an approval system and a block list.

This way you aren't blocking everyone, just the people on the block list or allow only the people in your address book.
Upon registering, it is asked if you want PMing enabled or not (I always say yes).
I don't see why moderators shouldn't have this choice as well.
There is no reason to block all members instead of specified members.
That would be like giving one person a universal ban that closes the entire BB!

Anyway, once someone PMs you, the moderators could filter out the PMs just like other sites, approving just what kind of things go to you, like fan snail mail.

#323425 - 01/28/08 01:33 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

As a Moderator I have ZERO desire for PM'ing... I'd much rather have ALL info posted on the boards for ALL to see and share, you never know what kind of very very helpful info could be shared in a PM that really could benefit others. They system that Heather has in place works just fine the way it is. The moderators volunteer their time because they care and want to help, but we don't want to spent the time filtering PM's when instead we could be reading or replying to posts on the message boards which is the whole point of having the boards. Just my two cents from a long time member of the boards.

P.S. I agree with the IBS restaurant idea... at one point we talked about on the boards about opening an IBS Bed & Breakfast with LOTS of toilets and only IBS safe food served. Do, a search and see if you can find the thread in the living room from a few years back...it was pretty funny!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: IBS B&B new
      #323449 - 01/28/08 05:55 PM
Susie2

Reged: 08/07/06
Loc: Pomona California

Great Idea! And all doublel rooms should have two bathrooms!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2909 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2102

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review