All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
There's an old saying:
      #322953 - 01/22/08 02:36 PM
Fatso

Reged: 01/18/08
Loc: United States

"Give a man a fish, and he'll want another meal.
Teach a man to fish, and he'll be set for life."

Despite this saying I thought of a new idea that could benefit all of Heather's ventures and IBS sufferers.

Heather, you own a Website, have a TV show (apparently, I've never seen it), have DVDs out and do interviews, and of course you wrote books and sell Tummy Care products.
Do you have time to expand once more?

RESTAURANTS!

I'd like to see a chain of IBS friendly restaurants all over like McDonald's (sit down/take out).
Each would have buffet tables (menu specifies ingredients and nutrition information) and a bar for health drinks.

You know the Burger King commercials, where they sing Have It Your Way?
This place would actually do that, no questions asked.

Each take out bag would have a printed sheet stapled (like a bill), with ingredients from your book "Eating For IBS" for side dishes to eat with it.
That info can be on "Heather's Cheat Sheet" (color coded top).

Edited by Fatso (01/22/08 05:03 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

This is a wonderful idea... new
      #323405 - 01/28/08 10:41 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I've no idea how much time/money/work this would take, but if someone wants to run with it I'd be happy to help (and eat there!)

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: This is a wonderful idea... new
      #323417 - 01/28/08 12:13 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

And this IBS restaurant would have plenty of clean restrooms!!!

I'd also like to see IBS friendly frozen meals.

#323422 - 01/28/08 01:12 PM
Fatso

Quote:

I've no idea how much time/money/work this would take, but if someone wants to run with it I'd be happy to help (and eat there!)

Best,
Heather

I didn't even think of the cost of making this place, upkeep, and running a chain, let alone hiring a bunch of take out truck drivers.

I just thought the Heather Van Vorous name (which is now a product) could be attached to good eating (not just books or DVDs), like how Kenny Rodgers is attached to rotisserie chicken.

Whoever starts it must be careful they don't fall in the looser category, like The Pussycat Place (created and run by The Pussycat Dolls), That's Hot (created by Paris Hilton and Nichole Richie), and Willy's, (created by Willy Nelson).
There was even a Charlie's Angles themed restaurant created and run by the cast of the movies, and all of these have failled after just 2 weeks.

#323423 - 01/28/08 01:21 PM
Fatso

Quote:

And this IBS restaurant would have plenty of clean restrooms!!!

I'd also like to see IBS friendly frozen meals.

Hey, maybe if there's enough demand for this, someone on this site will take notice and take my advice.

You should ask non members who have IBS (the newly diagnosed) what they think about this idea.
It's hard making stuff yourself when you either don't know where to get the ingredients, don't have enough money to buy them, or don't want to start making things each time you want to stay home to eat or just have a snack.

Edited by Fatso (01/28/08 01:28 PM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1054 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1950

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review