All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
hey kat aka K2
      #271256 - 06/27/06 04:10 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

i notice that you mix water and acacia. does it work well for you making it that way? i tried using cold liquids once or twice and it clumped--so i stopped. i make it with tea but when im in a rush, i forget b/c it takes too long. would love to use with water if it works well. thanks in advance! are you a Cer as well?

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: hey kat aka K2 new
      #271347 - 06/28/06 07:20 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

IBS-D here, and yeah it doesn't mix that well. For me it doesn't clump so much as stay foamy on top. The acacia is what helped me so much though, so I'll chug it down and not really think about it. I haven't tried it with tea. If I'm in a rush, I'll put it in a water bottle and shake it up, which actually works better sometimes than stirring.

Goodluck!
Kat

--------------------
Kat

Try this... new
      #271370 - 06/28/06 09:27 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Acacia dissolves best in cold or warm - not hot - liquids. It's very helpful to add Acacia to your empty glass first, and then add the liquid, stirring with a fork as the liquid fills the glass. If the Acacia does not dissolve completely right away, simply let the glass sit for about 30-60 seconds, and then stir again.

Acacia dissolves well in both cold and hot moist foods. Very hot or boiling hot liquids are problematic, as Acacia is a cold-water soluble gum. If you wish to have Heather's Tummy Fiber™ in a very hot beverage, you can dissolve it first in cool water and then heat the liquid to make your hot drink, or you can let a hot beverage cool to drinking temperature first before adding the fiber supplement. If the liquid is still quite hot when you add the Acacia, it works well to blend it in with a fork instead of a spoon.

Personally, I find giving the Acacia a minute or two to dissolve after I first stir it, and then stirring again, to do the trick. I also really like to just add it to moist foods and to cook with it. I keep the can in the kitchen next to the stove and just add it to everything I make.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: hey kat aka K2 new
      #271410 - 06/28/06 12:26 PM
little bear

yah i tried your method this morning and it was great! not only do i get the acacia but more water too! lol for my excitement. the first time i did it, it was instantly clear. then the second time it was foamy but yah, i dont really care either.

when you do have some time, make some nice peppermint tea and mix in acacia with a little bit of sugar. its really soothing for cramps and such. thanks for the reply

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

Re: Try this... new
      #271411 - 06/28/06 12:34 PM
little bear

yah if ive got the time to cook nice meals, then i do that too. usually ill add it to oatmeal, soy yogurts , scone batters and pizza dough.

i dont have a problem mixing acacia into hot liquids. i mix the fiber and sugar together in the cup first, add the hot water, give a stir and wait till it dissolves. then i stir again, and add the teabag. it works well. the fork idea never helped out much--just made a mess.

thanks heather.

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 158 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2389

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review