All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Woo-hoo,received my acacia today,but have a couple of ?'s
      #99239 - 08/18/04 04:20 PM
41DMBFAN41

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: Pennsylvania

I have IBS where I do not have to use the bathroom for a week or so,sometimes less than a week,but never more than that,then all of a sudden I am in the BR all day,not really diarrhea,per say,but still in the BR a lot! I have been taking citrucel caps,will the acacia work better? Also I am going on a cruise in a few weeks,how would I go about getting on a plane,then a ship with white powder? The bag the acacia is in doesn't seem that practical,so I am going to put it in a container,I am just wondering about transporting it. Thanks a bunch!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Woo-hoo,received my acacia today,but have a couple of ?'s new
      #99243 - 08/18/04 04:27 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

First I want to say welcome!! I see you've joined the board relatively recently and I don't think I've said hi yet.

The acacia may work better than the citrucel caps because you'll be able to increase the dosage slowly more easily than taking a bunch of caps.

I assume the ship sails from a US port? Keep the acacia in your hand luggage while traveling to the ship, but be prepared to explain what it is, maybe take a copy of something from here? Then leave it in your stateroom whenever you're in port and going ashore, which I assume will be other countries in the Caribbean.

Anyone else have experience with this??

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

acacia on travel status new
      #99244 - 08/18/04 04:29 PM
KellyAndersson

Reged: 03/24/04
Loc: N.California

um, put the acacia in a Citrucel container ?? And put the acacia label in there with it ?

(Hey Heather, another really good reason for acacia tablets)

Re: acacia on travel status new
      #99246 - 08/18/04 04:48 PM
41DMBFAN41

There was no reason to get an attitude. I thought of that,but am flying overseas and going on a cruise to the Med.About 6 months I went to Sicily,and had one substance in another container,both were prescribed meds in the original bottles with all of the info,pill strength,name,physicians name,etc,and customs confiscated them. So,you can see where I would be a little leary. Again,no need for the attitude and sarcasm.

Re: Woo-hoo,received my acacia today,but have a couple of ?'s new
      #99247 - 08/18/04 04:51 PM
41DMBFAN41

Thanks,LauraSue. Actually I am flying to Europe to go on a Med. cruise. Customs in Europe is stricter than if I were leaving from the states and going to the Caribbean,or Mexico,that is why I am a little unsure.

I don't think there was any sarcasm meant here, just a suggestion. -nt- new
      #99252 - 08/18/04 05:07 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: acacia on travel status new
      #99263 - 08/18/04 05:31 PM
LauraSue

It's okay, Kelly was just trying to be helpful. I was actually going to make the same suggestion, but you're right, Europe is a whole other story. I guess maybe you better leave the acacia home and stick with the Citrucel til you get back. That's too bad. Sounds like a fabulous trip though!! Have fun!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

attitude new
      #99279 - 08/18/04 06:16 PM
KellyAndersson

DMB41 -- I had to go back and read my post, just to be sure, but I can't imagine why you thought that was attitude and sarcasm. I'm actually well known for both in some circles, but that post wasn't either one. I have traveled quite a bit with odd items in my luggage, and have contracted with the federal government for years, and have often been in situations requiring fairly tight security. I very seriously and non-sarcastically and in an attitude-free way would put my acacia in a Citrucel container, in the checked (not carry-on) luggage, with the acacia label in the container so that unpackers (if they unpack it) know what it is.

Why you thought I was messing with you is unclear to me (and thanks LS and Heather for speaking up), but I didn't intend to. I'm sorry you mis-read my intent.

Re: attitude new
      #99837 - 08/20/04 06:27 PM
LauraSue

Kelly, you're welcome, and thanks for the tip about La Brea bread on the other thread. I see from your profile you like fly fishing. My dad and grandfather were avid fly fisherman and on the family homestead property in Northern Michigan there's actually a trout stream that runs right through it! Can one get any closer to heaven on this earth??!! Sorry to go off topic but you just brought back some sweet memories.

Nice explanation to the new poster by the way -- I'm not sure why they took it wrong either, but message boards can be hard to read sometimes if you're not used to it.

Be well.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

for LauraSue new
      #100003 - 08/21/04 11:42 AM
KellyAndersson

ahhhhh yes, flyfishing. [wistful smile]

It's been way too long. My flyrod and vest are in the trunk of my car, but they're really lonely and neglected. I have not, unfortunately, been out exercising any trout for a long time. Used to a LOT, back when I lived within range of several streams -- I don't any more and miss it badly.

But then I haven't done a whole lot of ANYTHING for about 8 months, and it's enormously frustrating. My docs in the hospital in February said it would be maybe 6 months till I was back to about 50 percent and unfortunately they were right. (I didn't think so at the time.)

RE: Michigan, I was there only once, visiting an old high school buddy who had moved to Kalamazoo. I remember the sand and the pines, but didn't get to fish there.

RE: flyfishing and memories -- you've read Norman Maclean's book A River Runs Through It right? Other favorites are John Gierach and Nick Lyons.

RE: La Brea Bakery. Best darned bread I've *ever* bought in a store !!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5757 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2355

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review