All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Getting all your nutrients..... and V8...
      #9697 - 05/22/03 01:38 PM
kenneth

Reged: 05/05/03
Loc: Toronto Canada

Since I now tend to eat a lot of pasta/bread/rice, I am worried that I'm not getting the nutrients I need. I do take a multivitamin with minerals, but is this really enough? I sometimes have small amounts of cooked vegetables and drink some V8 after a meal heavy in soluable fibre. The only fruit I can really tolerate is bananas. Any suggestions?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Getting all your nutrients..... and V8... new
      #9698 - 05/22/03 02:05 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - It is really important to incorporate all the fresh fruits, veggies, beans, nuts, and fish that you can.

How do you do with fruit smoothies (blended well with soy milk) made from peaches, mangoes, cherries, bananas? Or a veggie soup that you've pureed unti very smooth, served over rice or pasta? Having the fruits and veggies blended until totally smooth really minimizes the insoluble fiber and makes these foods very tolerable for most folks.

You can also eat root vegggies - they're high in soluble fiber -just steam, roast, or microwave sweet potatoes, beets, rutabagas, turnips, parsnips, etc.

What about grilled or steamed fish? Salmon and tuna are really heart-healthy.

Do you bake? You can make things like banana, zucchini, pumpkin, applesauce breads to get your veggies in that way.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1953 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 354

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review