All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
HGH ???
      #96083 - 08/06/04 12:01 PM
KellyAndersson

Reged: 03/24/04
Loc: N.California

Anyone here used human growth hormone? Either HGH injections or the homeopathic oral spray?

A friend of my son, in his 30s, told me he used it for a couple months and was absolutely astonished at the benefits after just a couple weeks. He's definitely not the gullible type, or easily impressed. Several of the things he mentioned as benefits are benefits I could use, for example, increased strength and muscle tone, improved healing of injuries/illness, improved sleep patterns, increased energy, and so on.

I have another friend (age 55) who recently had heart surgery and his girlfriend is an ER nurse. She and his doctor are both recommending he try it -- for help with blood pressure, healing, cholesterol, and stress.

I'm about to break down and order some and I thought I'd put up a flag here and see if any of you have used it or know someone who has. I've combed the internet looking for cautions or side effects or negative reports and can't find much.

Anyone ??

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: HGH ??? new
      #96093 - 08/06/04 12:19 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

I've read about some interesting research they've been doing on it related to my fibromyalgia. I don't think they've finished the studies though. Also, if I remember right the cost is really high, isn't it? Other than that, don't know much about it.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#96095 - 08/06/04 12:25 PM
KellyAndersson

Yup, the cost is kinda staggering. On the other hand, if the results are as good as the testimonials (and I haven't found any complaints), then it would be worth it. Most of the brands I've found online run $50-80 per month. The Atkins Diet folks have a $26 special going. And *all* of them offer a 100% money-back guarantee. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I'm thinking for a dollar a day I might try it for a month ??

I'd Google this... new
      #96097 - 08/06/04 12:26 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I can't remember the details but this is ringing a warning bell for me. There are some possible risks to this, and they don't know the long term dangers, so at least see what the bad news might be before you try it.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: I did Google this... new
      #96101 - 08/06/04 12:35 PM
KellyAndersson

I know what you mean about the warning bell, Heather. I'm a skeptic from way back! But I am also an internet search MACHINE, and I can't find a single bad thing anywhere. (With one notable exception: some guy in Florida who was spamming the dickens out of thousands of people and selling what was allegedly HGH online -- and it had no such ingredients -- and the FTC busted his butt.)

I'm feeling sortof cynical about the whole thing, but (a) have several good recommendations from trustworthy folks I know and (b) can't find the bad stuff that I feel must be out there. hmmmmmmmmm.

Okay, give it a shot! Let us know what you think. -nt- new
      #96102 - 08/06/04 12:43 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#96146 - 08/06/04 03:49 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

From what I understand the injections are the only route to go.

For your heart friend I recommend he look into chelation therapy instead. My husband swears he wouldn't be alive today if it weren't for chelation. It is my understanding that in Austrailia chelation therapy is often recommended as an alternative to by pass surgery. By law, the docs are to mention it as an option. There is a good book called Bypassing Bypass.

If you do go the HGH route I personally would only use an ACAM certified MD. Check www.acam.org for listings.
I waffle like that with the DHEA, because there have not been any long term studies. I'll get on a kick and take it and religiously have my levels checked, but when I get ill, for whatever reason I stop it. I'm just never quite sure about it.

A lot depends on what you are considering taking the HGH for...those factors need to be considered along with any other health problems it MAY conflict with.

But if you try it, please, by all means keep me/us posted. I'd be interested in hearing your take.

Kandee

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3994 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1108

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review