Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Carolyn.....what a beautiful name! :) new
      #94170 - 07/29/04 09:10 AM
daisy2

Reged: 07/19/04
Loc: Washington

Hi Carolyn,

I'm a Carolyn Marie. What is your middle name?? When ever I go back east everyone calls me Caroline.

Have a great day

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: For Carolyn- Ensure new
      #94172 - 07/29/04 09:15 AM
daisy2

Thanks Karen.

I will get her some Ensure today and see how she does. I also called her peditrician back today and we are getting referred to a ped. gastro at Oregon Health Sciences which is excellent out her and a female doc too. The only thing is she can't get in for about a month which sucks.

Hope you are feeling better. Take care of yourself.

Re: For Karen new
      #94193 - 07/29/04 10:09 AM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

How many Citrucel caps do you take per day?

I have been on Citrucel for about 4 months now and am taking 4 caps per day.

They do not regulate me as much as I hoped, perhaps it is time to move on to 6 or 8 caps per day. The directions say I can take up to 12 caplets per day, and my doc is letting me make the decisions on intake amount.

Personally, I don't think I am taking enough Citrucel to help with a BM. Since you have been on them for 2+ years, I just wondered how many do you take per day?

Thanks!

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

#94206 - 07/29/04 10:31 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

My name is Carolyn Sue. Sue is my mom's name.

Every time someone is writing my name they write 'Caroline'. It drives me nuts! I don't like when people call me that either!

Now that everyone calls me Cara, and I write it a lot, I get called 'Car-a' instead of 'Care-a'.... maybe I should just stick with Sue. Haha.

Nice to meet you!

--------------------
~Cara~

Ensure does contain dairy.... new
      #94213 - 07/29/04 10:43 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

it's got dairy proteins in it, and some varieties are also very high in fat. I would not drink these - do a board search for smoothies instead, or check health food stores for Amazake rice shakes. Just as many calories, but a heckuva lot better for her and not IBS triggers.
- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Carolyn- New Doc & Ensure new
      #94254 - 07/29/04 12:16 PM
kemulvey

Reged: 07/05/04
Loc: Mass.

Hi,
I know Ensure contains a dairy derivative.

I was nervous about it too. But I had a very serious flare up 2 years ago that put me in the hospital and they still had me drinking Ensure to know I was getting my nutrients after I went home.

I have been unable to find the rice shakes Heather refers to in my area. So I don't know what's in those.

I am severely lactose intolerant and Ensure doesn't bother me.

(In fact, I'm trying to get a sample for the doc to see if I have a parasite, and normally if it were to bother me I'd get terrible "D" and I've had no luck in 3 days.)

Let me know if that's what you decide to do how it works. I am glad you have found another GI doc. Let me know if you try the Citrucel Caps how they work for her. It may take a week or two to get things worked out.

I'm not feeling great, but if I can help someone else out meantime, that will make me feel better.
K =)

Re: For Lene new
      #94256 - 07/29/04 12:27 PM
kemulvey

Reged: 07/05/04
Loc: Mass.

Hi Lene,

I take 4 per day (2 in the a.m. and 2 in the p.m.) and I'm OK. I am also very small. My doc said that ideally I should take 3 doses per day unless I found that 2 was enough.

I think if you find you need to take more, go ahead and take ONE extra CAPLET at a time until you find a level that works. When I was adjusting from 2 caps upward I always moved up by one cap at a time for about a week.

I hope that helps.
Karen =)

I'm not Karen, but... new
      #94257 - 07/29/04 12:29 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Your hunch is right - you're not taking enough to help with a BM. 4 Citrucel capsules, if they're the same capsules I used to take, is only 2g of fiber a day - a long long way from the 12-15g a day Heather's guidelines recommend. (Not everyone needs to take that much, incidentally - I think a lot of people around here stabilize around 9-10g/day. But still... 4 capsules probably isn't enough to do anything.)

I'll let Karen tell ya how much she's taking, though. I'm not taking Citrucel anymore, so I don't have any real input on how much it takes to be effective.

#94316 - 07/29/04 04:32 PM
daisy2

Nice to meet you too, Care-a.

I love your quote. It gives me goose bumps everytime I read it.

Have a great day.

Re: Ensure does contain dairy....
      #94317 - 07/29/04 04:35 PM
daisy2

Thanks, Heather. I bought some today and she drank half of one and said she didn't feel good so guess I will be drinking the rest of them.

I will make another trip to the store today to get what you suggested.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3080 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9670

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review