All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Still no D but starting to cheat -- please yell at me!!
      #92798 - 07/24/04 12:36 PM
LauraSue2

Reged: 07/18/04

Okay, my sister and niece arrived last night early enough to join us for dinner. I didn't order right. I thought I was getting plain chicken and rice. It turned out to be a breast of chicken stuffed with shrimp and stuff and fried. I tried to eat just the chicken, no skin or crust and no stuffing, but it was seasoned strangely and I didn't really care for it. The rice turned out to be a very skimpy amount of wild rice in a sauce. So I ate a lot of bread, a few bites of chicken, and a little rice. Then I had a Carrs cookie when we got back to the room.

I'm very stressed out and tired. My sister and I have a loving but complicated relationship. Today unfortunately is kind of rainy and cool so we're all kind of stuck inside getting on each other's nerves.

I had my cereal for breakfast, but then noshed too much on the sweet stuff sitting around. I didn't do my back exercises. I had a nice safe PBJ for lunch but then ate potato chips and more sweet stuff. I should go take a nap but my inner three year old is having an "I DONT WANNA" tantrum. My sister is here til tomorrow afternoon. I haven't seen her in almost a year and a half. I don't want to waste a single minute of our visit, but I'm wearing myself out. I HATE this darned disease (fibro).

And Andy's family, with whom I also have a loving but complicated relationship, don't leave until Monday. Then we'll have two days to rest before the drive home, which I certainly hope doesn't trigger another round of migraines.

I need the pity party hat, girlfriends. And I need to take care of myself first, as I always say to all of you. Time to practice what I preach. But I DONT WANNA!!!!!!

Help!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I'm Yelling...... new
      #92801 - 07/24/04 12:52 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hey LS2 (really loud)

I think it's time to take out the "bunny slippers" and have a little R & R. You are pushing yourself too hard and there is a lot of stress going on around there. You are supposed to be on vacation and that means a vacation from stress, too. I know you <<<<don't wanna>>>> but just try and take it easy and take care of yourself.....BTW be careful of what you eat!!!

Now, relax and have some fun.

Barbie

--------------------

Re: I'm Yelling...... new
      #92805 - 07/24/04 01:18 PM
LauraSue2

Thanks, Barbie. Everyone just went out so I think I'm going to log off and go lie down til dinner!! That was just the push I needed.

Oh, jeez, I better post about what I'm having for dinner or I'll be tempted to cheat. We're going to the Lobster House, so I thought I'd have bread, baked potato and just ONE small lobster tail, like 3 oz or so. With SFS and Imodium before and peppermint tea after. And no more pastries, just my nice safe Carr's cookies.

Okay, bye for now. Wish me luck. And thanks for yelling. I really want to make it to 7 months no D. I just wish that inner brat would SHUDDUUUUUUPPPPPP!!!!

(No, YOU shuddup!) he he

You can splurge on the lobster tail, just watch out for the drawn butter! -nt- new
      #92806 - 07/24/04 01:20 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: BUT YOU GOTTA !!!!!!!! new
      #92831 - 07/24/04 04:42 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Hi LS, that chicken would have scared me to death too.

I know the stress of the integrated families is causing you much anxiety (it would me).

If its nap time, its nap time, you don't want a migraine to interfere with the rest of your loving but complicated time with your sister! Time flies and you don't know how long it will be before you see her again!

We are going out to eat seafood with friends, OMGosh , that causes me great anxiety. thbbbbthhhhhhht

Laura! new
      #92832 - 07/24/04 04:48 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Yes, you need to take care of yourself first! I hope you did end up napping... yes, you want to spend as much time as possible with your sister, but given a choice between a nap now or possibly a migraine or other problems later... go with the nap!

And stop cheating, young lady! (hee hee)

Re: Still no D but starting to cheat -- please yell at me!! new
      #92842 - 07/24/04 07:54 PM
Kimmy

Reged: 06/02/04
Loc: Upstate New York

Hey LS2,

Hope you had a chance to get some rest and down time for yourself. Temptation can be great but just remember that you are much stronger than you give yourself credit for. You can reach your seven month goal but you've got to be strong and take the time to care for yourself!

Please get your rest, eat right and tell that "inner three year old" to take a time out!

Hope the lobster was good and that the rest of your vacation is great!

Kim

Yes, Heather, I avoided the butter! Thanks!! -nt- new
      #92935 - 07/25/04 12:20 PM
LauraSue2

Re: BUT YOU GOTTA !!!!!!!! new
      #92936 - 07/25/04 12:23 PM
LauraSue2

Gayla, Casey and Kim -- thanks so much! I did take a rest yesterday, plus left dinner early with my two nieces and went back to the room. I did get a migraine but AFTER they left. That always happens to me, that you're fine until the stress stops then you get sick!

Re: I'm Yelling...... new
      #92951 - 07/25/04 01:24 PM
Daisymc

Reged: 04/10/04
Loc: Alexandria, VA

Take care LauraSue.

--------------------
Daisy
"Sometimes you are the Windshield, sometimes you are the bug".

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2520 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1499

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review