All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Yes, do try peppermint... new
      #92781 - 07/24/04 11:45 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

some folks with reflux tolerate it just fine, and it is so terrific for IBS. If you can't take it, try fennel or chamomile or anise instead - they'll all help. If you check the IBS Supplements section of the site (link is on left side of page) you'll see a whole area about herbs as medicine for IBS that will give you good info.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

GI in MD new
      #92952 - 07/25/04 01:38 PM
Daisymc

Reged: 04/10/04
Loc: Alexandria, VA

Christie,
Here is a website www.acg.gi.org that has a listing of GI's by state. I hope this helps you.

--------------------
Daisy
"Sometimes you are the Windshield, sometimes you are the bug".

Re: GI in MD new
      #92968 - 07/25/04 05:53 PM
ivy

Reged: 03/31/04

Dr. Linda Lee (Towson area) is a doctor to check out. She used to be with Hopkins. I haven't seen her in awhile, but have found her to be much better than some others I've seen.

I've read the other responses to your post and also recommend peppermint and fennel tea. Another post recommended Altoids for peppermint, which I've tried too. Like you, I'm an A. I take the calcium pills, drink tea each day, and take acacia twice a day, along with the diet. I've had IBS for several years, but it really acted up after a miscarriage and doing these things, along with Heather's diet, has really helped. Good luck!

Re: Question on the IBS DIet new
      #92969 - 07/25/04 06:41 PM
angela3

Reged: 07/12/04
Loc: Texas, near Fort Worth)

Christie,

I see a lot of people have answered you back. But I have one thing to add. You mention you keep getting migraines, and I have had migraines since i was in the 8th grade and my IBS did not develop until my last year in college. Anyway, my migraines got worse when I went on the IBS diet, because although I did not know at the time.....soy is a migraine trigger for some people. Also, advil (Ibiprofen) is hard on the stomach and the doctor said I needed to only take Tylenol (acetaminophen) because it is the easiest on the stomach. My migraines get so bad that I get really nausiated (however you spell that). I would throw up or end up having all migraine painkillers hurt my stomach. I now use Zomig Nasal Spray. It takes my migraine away without upsetting my stomach..because you squirt it into your nose. Unfortunately the IBS diet is great for my stomach and I am so glad I found it, unfortunately I have to avoid all the recipes that use soy because of my headaches.

angela

You should read Heather's other book new
      #92996 - 07/25/04 08:44 PM
heather robin

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: S.E. Pennsylvania

I find it to be just as helpful maybe even alittle more so than the cookbook. It talks about meds., treatments, alternative therapies, etc. I am also a very anxious person for the very same reason you are and I've had several weeks of great days. If you click on my name I have updated my personal profile to include my meds. I also listen to the ibs cds which have help alot, but I feel I needed to see a therapist and am just starting. I feel like I am almost to the top this gigantic anxiety mountain, ready to coast down, I just need one big push! And before my husband found Heather's book I was crying almost everyday barely leaving the house. You might also try searching about pregnacy/childbirth and ibs, I remeber reading several posts not too long.

--------------------
IBS-D

You don't have to avoid the recipes with soy, just use rice products new
      #93157 - 07/26/04 12:22 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

instead. There's rice milk, rice cheese, rice butter, rice ice cream...and also oat/almond milk and cheeses.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5289 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3187

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review