All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New member with UC. learning all about food!!!
      #9108 - 05/15/03 09:52 AM
Jay

Reged: 05/15/03
Loc: Washington State

The ironic part about my diagnosis for Ulcerative Colitis, is that we're building a new kitchen complete with professional Range, and functional cooking space. I love to cook italian food... and well.. i guess i get to learn how to make other foods...

So much for the meat, cheese, and well.. cream sauces...

All is good. Heather is nearby, and I am hoping she teaches classes on cooking...

Jay Smellow, from BI, WA

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New member with UC. learning all about food!!! new
      #9110 - 05/15/03 10:17 AM
Wolfie

Reged: 05/06/03

Welcome to the fourm. I'm new,too. We could all use some good cooking advice, I'm sure.

#9113 - 05/15/03 10:26 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Welcome to the board! You're on Bainbridge? My whole family lives there! I don't have any local classes coming up until September, and that's actually going to be way out in Skagit Valley. But if you have cable tv you may be able to watch my weekly cooking show - it's on 2pm Saturdays, channels 29 and 77. I'm not sure you'll get it - it's King County only and I think you're Kitsap.

Don't despair - there is still lots of great Italian food to be had! Check the recipe board, and make any requests. There's already a great alfredo pasta recipe posted (you can do a search for it), and there's a romesco, wild mushroom linguine, and white clam sauce pasta recipes in Eating for IBS.

You're not far from Central Market in Poulsbo, and they should have all the soy foods, bulk foods, bulk spices, and health food substitutes you need (plus all that gorgeous produce and seafood).

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#9207 - 05/16/03 10:01 AM
annmarie

Reged: 03/31/03

I like to make Italian food also. Can you tolerate sauce? I can as long as it is smooth and has no seeds. I come from an Italian family and married into one. I made a lasagna a couple of weeks ago with ground turkey and soy mozzarello cheese, and noone complained. It just takes a little getting used to.
I also have IBD (Crohn's Disease). I was just curious if you are changing your diet because of that or if you have IBS also. I have both and wasn't really encouraged to change my diet until I was diagnosed with IBS.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5926 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 741

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review