All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
digestive enzyme... new
      #9143 - 05/15/03 03:18 PM
Leanne01

Reged: 02/03/03

do you mean like Beano or phazyme? I have taken beano a few times if i know what i'm eating will give me gas and it seems to work.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: gas new
      #9172 - 05/16/03 02:18 AM
Ian

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: United Kingdom

Hi Louise,

Are you by any chance eating foods with high concentrations of fructose or lactose? Those seem to be 2 of the worst gas culprits for me. Fructose in particular has been mentioned on other threads, but I can't recall anything about it in the book.

Does the gas usually happen around the same time of day or is it just there all the time?

Cheers.

Ian

Re: digestive enzyme... new
      #9258 - 05/16/03 04:53 PM
kenneth

Reged: 05/05/03
Loc: Toronto Canada

I know that beano contains the enzyme to fully digest beans, but I'm not sure if it helps with digesting fats or proteins. To get help with those foods (common IBS triggers) go into a health food store and ask for a good "full spectrum" enzyme supplement. This will help with the proteins and fats as well. I take 2 capsules 10 minutes before my biggest meal of the day and I find it helps.

Re: digestive enzyme... new
      #9264 - 05/16/03 06:20 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I've heard good things about using Beano for not just beans but for vegetables as well. Haven't heard anything about using for fats/proteins, though.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 705 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2249

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review