All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Trouble with the diet
      #8738 - 05/09/03 03:54 PM
jessica9610

Reged: 05/04/03
Loc: Central New Jersey

I know that soluble fiber foods are the best to eat but then how come some of the foods that are bad for you are in the recipies? Are they okay when you add them in with soluble fiber foods?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Trouble with the diet new
      #8742 - 05/09/03 05:00 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hi Jessica - welcome to the board! Do you have any of Heather's books yet? They explain in detail how to incorporate other foods along with the soluble fiber base of your meals, especially the insoluble fiber. Is that what you meant by foods that are bad for you? If so, here's some info on incorporating insoluble carefully with the insoluble, about halfway down the page: web page

Hope this helps!

Re: Trouble with the diet new
      #8743 - 05/09/03 05:02 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - I'm going to send you to a page with detailed info about this - check here web page

Soluble fiber foods are the foundation that will let you safely add in small amounts of heart-healthy fats, and insoluble fiber foods. Though heart-healthy fats and insoluble fiber are IBS triggers, they are NOT bad for you - they're crucial to overall good health. And they can be eaten safely for IBS if you cook with them carefully. The details and guidelines for this are on the webpage link above. Hope this helps!

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 543 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 590

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review