All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
4th celebration cookout
      #86137 - 07/04/04 08:53 AM
rosiechica

Reged: 08/22/03
Loc: Wisconsin

we're going to a friends house for a bonfire and cookout, they are planning on grilling out and drinking. I have this fear of grilled food that it's never quite cooked through. What are some tips on cooking chicken that I can do so that I can bring my own chicken and be able to enjoy the cookout? is there any other type of food that i can bring and grill that i would be able to eat? is corn on the cob ok?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: 4th celebration cookout new
      #86140 - 07/04/04 08:58 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Corn on the cob has tons of INSOLUBLE fiber so it's pretty tough to digest.

My brother in law once served us grilled chicken that was practically raw! My husband took his back out and put it on the fire again. That was a very tense dinner!!

I'm not a very good cook so I can't really help you, sorry. But someone else will reply, I'm sure. Have fun!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#86147 - 07/04/04 09:21 AM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Taking some fresh rolls or bread would be a great idea, you can always fill up on those and your gut should be pretty content. On the chicken, maybe ask the person in charge of the grill if they would cook yours well done, and make a joke about it. All should be fine !! Corn on the cob is on my no-no list, I am so afraid of having an attack.

THis isn't much, but I hope it helps ! Have a safe day !!

#86155 - 07/04/04 10:11 AM
rosiechica

no, it's good. I never thought about rolls. We live right near a grocery store so we could pick up a bunch of already cooked rolls and take them with us. it can be our thing to share. thanks!

#86164 - 07/04/04 10:39 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03

you can also grill turkey burgers and it doesn't take long to cook. Becareful of the corn on the cob. I eat it, but after I finish eating my meal.

#86177 - 07/04/04 12:05 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Sorry to say it but corn on the cob is one of the worst possible foods for me too. I had to give it up completely. What about bringing along a veggie burger or soy dog with you? Then you don't have to worry about it being cooked through. That's what I'm planning on bringing to my family's cookout tonight!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#86195 - 07/04/04 12:45 PM
rosiechica

Thank you guys for all the great suggestions. We're off now. we have plans to stop at the grocery store on the way and see if they have any chicken that we can grill, if not, or if they don't turn out, there is a subway that hopefully will be open that we can get a turkey or chicken sub at. Thank you all and have a good 4th of July!

Everything worked out fine! new
      #86295 - 07/04/04 11:17 PM
rosiechica

We stopped at the store and got some chicken breasts. we made sure they were cooked all the way through, added a bit of lettuce and light mayo... and they were perfect. I was even feeling good enough to have a smirnoff. so we're home now, 1:00am, but we don't have to work tomorrow so it's all good! hope everyones 4th was as good as mine.

Yay! Glad you had a happy holiday. -nt- new
      #86297 - 07/04/04 11:39 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2104 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1700

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review