All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Have you heard of new OTC drug - Digestive Advantage IBS?
      #82414 - 06/23/04 12:25 PM
Charlotte

Reged: 10/15/03
Loc: San Antonio, TX

Has anyone tried this new OTC drug? I noticed Walgreen's carried it and it states that you only need to take 1 tablet per day to manage IBS. The website www.ganedenbiotech.com wasn't very helpful and honestly I'm a little scared of trying something that Heather hasn't spoken about. This company also has a product for Lactose Intolerance (also a once a day pill)! Please let me know if anyone has tried these and had any success.

Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

It's just a probiotic, not really an OTC drug - search the board new
      #82417 - 06/23/04 12:31 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

as a lot of folks have been asking about it lately. Probiotics can help IBS (check the research library forum here on the boards under the herbs/probiotics section). People's favorite brand seems to be Jarrow (search for this too for tons of threads) - I've no idea how DA would compare, and I'd guess it might vary from person to person in terms of personal preferences and results.

Can't hurt, might help. Don't know how affordable or not the DA brand is. If it's way more expensive than something like Jarrow I'd say that's a rip off.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Have you heard of new OTC drug - Digestive Advantage IBS? new
      #82431 - 06/23/04 01:26 PM
JinX

Reged: 06/23/04

I visited the site and ordered some samples. Have you done so yourself...and if you have received and tried them already, how did it work?

#82457 - 06/23/04 02:29 PM

Unregistered

I ordered the sample the day this thread post began, but I have not received them in the mail yet. I'll try to remember to post my results.

#82600 - 06/23/04 09:06 PM
Charlotte

Reged: 10/15/03
Loc: San Antonio, TX

I did order the samples and i have not received them yet.

#82701 - 06/24/04 08:13 AM
Mikala

Reged: 05/19/04
Loc: Greensboro, NC

I got some too

#84592 - 06/29/04 06:07 PM
william

Reged: 06/29/04

This Digestive Advantage, IBS seems to be brand new. It's basically a probiotic, called bacillus coagulans, and it has been used by the us military for battlefield diahrrea for about 3 years. I stumbled across this new IBS treatment when doing a search for "irritable bowel syndrome" on http://news.google.com I didn't think much of it until I realized it was on a reputable site. It's on the site: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/newssearch.php?newsid=10034 I checked the FDA's website and so far it seems bona fide. It's inexpensive, and I bought a bottle from drugstore.com So, I'm experimenting as some of you guys are. Cheers! They are even giving out free samples they are so confident at the manufacturer's web address: http://www.ganedenbiotech.com/

Will

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4984 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1472

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review