All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Icky Margaritas new
      #78758 - 06/13/04 07:53 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Ew! Didn't even think of this. Anything alco-pop like is bound to be bad for us. They put sooo much junk in those.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Everybody answered everything else, so for soy info check here new
      #78789 - 06/13/04 08:28 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I just added this to the IBS Diet FAQ - it's the last one on the list.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Yes Linz, it was me... new
      #78799 - 06/13/04 08:48 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

If I used a soluble fiber like acacia only I'd NEVER go, but by adding a different form of (mostly) soluble fiber like psyllium, things move along nicely. I use Konsyl, but some prefer Metamucile. I've also noticed that there is something else going on here. I was told that if we "C's" take different forms of fiber supplements during the day, the brain gets confused and never gets "immune" you might say, to any one. But I think there is another aspect to it as well, and that is the viscosity. Phyllium gets thick the minute you mix it with water, but Acacia and Benefiber do not. I'm beginning to think that some of us need both of those types to be regular. In fact, I take Citrucel powder too, (and the pills when I'm out) and now have noticed a difference in regularity because I ran out of the Citrucel and figured I'd go to the acacia and Konsyl only.......Aparently I can't.

Back to the quesion. Does phsyllium case gas and bloating? You bet. But if you take it at night, just before you go to sleep, by morning the bloating is gone and you will have slept right thru it. I'm up to a double, sometimes triple dose of psyllium taken at night. Go slow and work up to the level right for you. You'll know when you've reached it.

Kandee

--------------------

Re: Yes Linz, it was me... new
      #78800 - 06/13/04 08:57 PM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

Thanks Kandee (and Linz) that is a good idea. I already look 8 months pregnant by the time bedtime rolls around so what's another month? lol...and Metamucil sounds good for me in that aspect plus its the most easily available SFS in Canada. Thanks so much for the help

Re: Thanks, but stress? new
      #78809 - 06/13/04 09:48 PM
lilbit

Reged: 06/12/04

I thought that antacids might be a bad thing.

Well, this weekend I really tried, so we'll see. Hopefully I can keep up the diet.

As far as stress...this semester between school and work I don't have a choice but to mess up my sleep schedule and stress out for another 7 weeks.

Any suggestions?

Thanks guys.

#78811 - 06/13/04 09:52 PM
lilbit

Thanks, mostly I just drink them on rare occassions, like the last time at a bachelorette party. I went a little overboard though, never again...yes they most likely a prepackaged deal, at the bar or a restaurant.

For some reason, if it's a dairy thing it will come on pretty quick. Same with sugars and stuff. But alcohol seems to make me sick after about 3 days. (Or of course the same day) but mostly kicks in later...weird.

#78812 - 06/13/04 09:54 PM
lilbit

Well I'm glad this didn't kick in a few years ago.

Re: Thanks, but stress? new
      #78832 - 06/14/04 01:13 AM
leslierf

Reged: 10/11/03
Loc: Tucson, Arizona

T'AI CHI
works great to releave stress

Re: Yes Linz, it was me... new
      #78841 - 06/14/04 05:19 AM
Ana Maria

Reged: 03/24/04

That's interesting about the type of SFS. I never really thought of it that way - thanks for sharing that Kandee! Although the viscosity was exactly why I had so much trouble taking Metamucil before I see what you're saying about why that might actually help with C!

Ana

Re: Yummy Margaritas new
      #78977 - 06/14/04 01:14 PM
KellyAndersson

Reged: 03/24/04
Loc: N.California

Sperry, you are RIGHT ON about the margarita mixes. Some even contain a "foaming agent" along with gobs of sugar. How good can a foaming agent be for your guts, huh?

The original margarita is the only way to go: silver tequila and cointreau (triple sec is the cheaper alternative, but it too contains a lot of sugar) and fresh lime juice. Add ice (and salt) and you get the real thing.

Even in a bar that resorts to the icky mixes, if you ask the bartender to do it the right way, they generally will. Tell them not to use that Rose's Lime, though (more sugar) because you want FRESH LIME JUICE.

There are now dozens of variations available from bars on the original, but the original is still a darnfine beverage.

(And yes, Bev, I usedta be a bartender too.)

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1274 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3712

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review